MPAA ratings
Could MPAA ratings be added to some views and info window? In Mediastream I use the MPAA ratings on the Media Preview view. In Confluence I would probably use the fanart view so it would be nice to have ratings there. I find them useful for selecting family-friendly movies, etc.
I would Second this one.

I personally don't care what a movie/TV Show is rated, but I hate having to look it up when someone brings their kid over and I have to select something to watch.

Helps to set appropriate content for certain ages.
+1 for ratings. I'd love to perserve what's left of my son's innocence..Wink
+1 And a "sort by rating" in the home/movie sub menu.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
Yet another vote for MPAA ratings to be shown, very helpful when the kids are over.

This could bleed to a parental control feature also, requiring some sort of PIN for movies rated over a certain rating.
This was included in Camelot final. Make sure that you use IMDB as scraper since TMDB doesn't provide MPAA ratings yet.
was the sort by function included or just the ratings included?
I'm using IMDB as scraper with poster view and I'm not seeing any MPAA ratings on Camelot final.
For me it is only scraped in new movies, anything that was already in the library needs to be refreshed, a lot of work just to get a rating.
MPAA Ratings are available in any of my mods for Confluence. The most recent MOD includes a fanart and Wallstream view with MPAA ratings.
kulprit Wrote:For me it is only scraped in new movies, anything that was already in the library needs to be refreshed, a lot of work just to get a rating.
If you want to rescan the whole thing, just set content for that source to none, then ok. You get asked to delete all entries, press yes. Then change content back to movies, select imdb as scraper and rescan. Takes a few minutes and not much hassle.
The base code for leveraging MPAA ratings is there in the latest release: Search for "VideoMPAAFlaggingConditions" in "skin/Confluence/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml" to see the code.

However, most views don't seem to call and display the MPAA images. I saw that one of the views (PosterWrap2Fanart) was displaying the rating. So, I found the code calling it and I made the following mod for "PosterWrapView", so the MPAA rating shows up. You should be able to make this same mod for whatever view you like best. The only trick is finding a good place to display the rating. You will see in my example the location I chose, but it can be placed pretty much anywhere.

Backup ViewsVideoLibrary.xml

Edit ViewsVideoLibrary.xml

Find so your modifying the right view, in my case I am modifying Poster Wrap: include name="PosterWrapView"

Scroll down till you see:
<control type="grouplist">
<description>Media Codec Flagging Images</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>620</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<align>center</align>
<itemgap>0</itemgap>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<include>VideoCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
<include>AudioCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
<include>AspectCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
<include>VideoTypeHackFlaggingConditions</include>
</control>

Add the following code after the code mentioned above:

<control type="grouplist">
<description>MPAA Rating Flagging Images</description>
<posx>700</posx>
<posy>590</posy>
<width>800</width>
<align>center</align>
<itemgap>0</itemgap>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<include>VideoMPAAFlaggingConditions</include>
</control>

The following is the result. Notice that the MPAA rating is floating in the bottom right corner. Again, you can add the MPAA rating pretty much wherever you want, but I chose this location.

Has anything progressed on getting a sort list for MPAA rating? I am working around it by having my movies in "movie sets" according to their rating but having this feature by default would be the cats pajamas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPAA ratings0