card 1: MP3 [Sound Blaster MP3+], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

on other applications I have done

alsactl restore
asoundconf set-default-card 1
start_app

and the correct card is being used.

This doesn't seem to work with xbmc, I get failed to initialse device on playback

how can I make xbmc use card1?

log

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1134165/xbmc.log
try aplay -Ddefault sample.wav and if that works please try beta1 when it's available and move the .xbmc folder (remove it or move it your choice but it cannot exist when starting the app). And try again without altering anything.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:try aplay -Ddefault sample.wav and if that works please try beta1 when it's available and move the .xbmc folder (remove it or move it your choice but it cannot exist when starting the app). And try again without altering anything.

Thanks for commenting.

running a sample wav running aplay -Ddefault some.wav works

when I remove the .xbmc directory AND upgrade to beta 1, I have interface sounds (the clicks etc) but have the same errror regarding initializing audio device please check your audio settings

grep -i error xbmc.log
10:38:09 T:3078571888 M:1924616192 ERROR: Unable to load special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, creating new special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml with default values
10:38:10 T:3078571888 M:1918586880 ERROR: GLX: Same window as before, refreshing context
10:40:25 T:3078571888 M:1869885440 ERROR: PulseAudio: Waited for the Context but it failed
10:40:25 T:3078571888 M:1869885440 ERROR: PulseAudio: Failed to create context
10:40:25 T:3078571888 M:1871802368 ERROR: Initialize - pcm_open_lconf, alsa error: -2 - No such file or directory
10:40:25 T:3078571888 M:1871548416 ERROR: Creating a Null Audio Renderer, Check your audio settings as this should not happen

do I need to create a custom alsa.conf
Do you use the other sound card for anything? I had this problem once (I had onboard audio + sound card), and just blacklisted the onboard audio so that it thought I only had one sound card.
arosequi Wrote:Do you use the other sound card for anything? I had this problem once (I had onboard audio + sound card), and just blacklisted the onboard audio so that it thought I only had one sound card.

The on board sound is dead so this is the only active sound card
Deactive onboard in bios and if necessary re-install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I make xbmc use a specific sound card0