xbmc live does not boot from CD on laptop
I got a new laptop, gateway NV52, with a AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core and ATI Radeon 3200 HD.

I wanted to try XBMC so I donwloaded the xbmc live zip file and created the CD from the iso.
I booted the laptop from the live cd.

The boot starts, is shows xbmc.

Then the screen shows three xbmc logos. like "XBMC xbmc xbm" i guess the last part is out of the screen.

This screen and the xbmc displayed is not sharp or clear, it looks like it is on low resolution. Also the screen goes blank and then comes on, again goes blank and comes on and so on.

I tried loading in safe mode, i reached a point where it asks for user name and password, i enter the user name and password as xbmc. There is a prompt, i dont know what to do after that.

I have read the forum, and I could not find anyone having a similar issue, although I found someone say

"OS drivers don't support 3D on HD3200" <http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=3200>

There was also some posts on changing the xorg.conf, I don't know what exactly to change and also I have it on the CD.

Does anyone identify what problem I might have? Do I have to return my laptop and get a new laptop.

I just want to see how xbmc is, as I was reading about it in a review.

Thanks for any help, I am making this post as I could not find any problem similar to this on the internet. I realise that there might be problem because of the graphics card on my laptop, and I do not know what to do to correct it.
I have attached a screen shot. This is the screen I get after the booting is completed, there is no more activity in the CD drive.
And this screen goes blank and comes again repeatedly.

PS I was able to boot with the same CD on a Intel/Nvidia system

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc live does not boot from CD on laptop0