MCE Remote - Sky+HD Remote Conflict
Question 
Hi all,

First of all please accept my apologies if this is in the wrong place or has been covered before. I'm a long term user of XBMC on the XBox and have managed to get everything happening the way I want without ever having to ask for help here before.

I've recently made the move from Xbox to PC so i can enjoy HD content and have built a small media PC. I'm running a Zotac ION 330 board with Nvida onboard graphics and running XBMC Live.

I have an infrared MCE remote however the on/off button on my sky+HD remote conflicts with this, resulting in my media PC being woken up when I turn my Sky+ box on.

Now I am a complete novice when it comes to Linux. Something that I don't expect will be greeted by much sympathy by the elite haxxors on this board! Big Grin

But I am am appealing for some help, explained in baby steps, about how to change the wake up command on the XBMC Live/Linux to another command on the MCE remote. So for example, if I hit play on remote it will wake up the PC.

I am vaguely aware of LIRC but have not got a clue about it and am comfortable changing the Keymap.xml file. However this is for XBMC itself and so doesn't cover waking up the PC from standby so I gather I will have to change something to do with LIRC but have no experience of this at all. I do have the the software to log into the box and get a command line and browse the root directory (at work and can't remember what they're called) but if someone can walk me through it from there I would be very grateful indeed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote - Sky+HD Remote Conflict0