Xbmc restarts on shutdown.
Just installed beta 1 and whenever I try to shutdown xbmc from the power button in cofluence xbmc restarts (note the pc does not reboot), the same also happens if I choose restart.

If I try to suspend, it tells me there is another user logged in (maybe by ssh, there is not), there is deluge running a webui under the same user - but this was the case pre beat 1 and it all worked correctly.

Don't know if this will be in the debugs? Anyone else seeing this?
Please post full debug log ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:Please post full debug log ..

That was the pt I made above, won't a debug just show xbmc exiting and restarting?
tdw197 Wrote:Just installed beta 1 and whenever I try to shutdown xbmc from the power button in cofluence xbmc restarts (note the pc does not reboot), the same also happens if I choose restart.

If I try to suspend, it tells me there is another user logged in (maybe by ssh, there is not), there is deluge running a webui under the same user - but this was the case pre beat 1 and it all worked correctly.

Don't know if this will be in the debugs? Anyone else seeing this?

The exact same thing is happening to me. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll post a debug log when I get home if no one else beats me to it.
clackerdacker Wrote:The exact same thing is happening to me. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll post a debug log when I get home if no one else beats me to it.

Here's my log. http://pastebin.com/f2950dca8
clackerdacker Wrote:Here's my log. http://pastebin.com/f2950dca8

Seems to me that this is related to the latest posts in the xbmcbuntu - I'm running this and it would seem that the xbmc user switch I experienced on upgrade is related to this issue to.

There is a possible solution in the sticky thread, will try this when I get home tonight
tdw197 Wrote:Seems to me that this is related to the latest posts in the xbmcbuntu - I'm running this and it would seem that the xbmc user switch I experienced on upgrade is related to this issue to.

There is a possible solution in the sticky thread, will try this when I get home tonight

Errr I'll have to take you word for that!

I've been using MS products since 1987 but my total time under linux is around 2 hours since last Friday ;-) Dunno why I've avoided it up to now, it rocks, even if I have no real idea what I'm doing yet.

Edit:
I presume that's the fix for xbmcUser in runXBMC.sh right? I installed via XBMCLive 9.04 and then ran the setupXBMC.sh script that installed beta1 etc. Where might I find the runXBMC.sh file if indeed that's what I need to modify.
clackerdacker Wrote:Errr I'll have to take you word for that!

I've been using MS products since 1987 but my total time under linux is around 2 hours since last Friday ;-) Dunno why I've avoided it up to now, it rocks, even if I have no real idea what I'm doing yet.

Edit:
I presume that's the fix for xbmcUser in runXBMC.sh right? I installed via XBMCLive 9.04 and then ran the setupXBMC.sh script that installed beta1 etc. Where might I find the runXBMC.sh file if indeed that's what I need to modify.

at a pc now, so can post this in a more helpful manner, than firking around on my blackberry.

This post explain what needs to be done I think (i haven't tried yet myself), as to where the script it stored don't know yet, will have a look in the usual places later - unless somebody else knows?

Edit - I think it will be here: /usr/bin/runXBMC.sh
tdw197 Wrote:at a pc now, so can post this in a more helpful manner, than firking around on my blackberry.

This post explain what needs to be done I think (i haven't tried yet myself), as to where the script it stored don't know yet, will have a look in the usual places later - unless somebody else knows?

Edit - I think it will be here: /usr/bin/runXBMC.sh

Found the file and made the changes, but on my PC at least it's had no effect. It's really annoying as it was all fine in alpha2. Just got through showing my wife why I was changing us over from Windows 7 media centre, and now I get the "Riiiiight, good move" look from her Nod

The only reason this is a big issue for me is I have a cable box and the ASRock and they both use S/PDIF, neither has a COAX and I only have the one S/PDIF connection on my Z5500D speakers. This means XBMC still sends a signal down the line even when I've changed over to the cable box and I have to get up and unplug the cable from the two into one digital splitter so we can get sound out of thee other device.
clackerdacker Wrote:Found the file and made the changes, but on my PC at least it's had no effect. It's really annoying as it was all fine in alpha2. Just got through showing my wife why I was changing us over from Windows 7 media centre, and now I get the "Riiiiight, good move" look from her Nod

The only reason this is a big issue for me is I have a cable box and the ASRock and they both use S/PDIF, neither has a COAX and I only have the one S/PDIF connection on my Z5500D speakers. This means XBMC still sends a signal down the line even when I've changed over to the cable box and I have to get up and unplug the cable from the two into one digital splitter so we can get sound out of thee other device.

Did you find the find the file in the location above and did it include the part to be commented out?

Are you running XBMCbuntu or XBMClive?
tdw197 Wrote:Did you find the find the file in the location above and did it include the part to be commented out?

Are you running XBMCbuntu or XBMClive?

1. Yes I did, then rebooted and exactly the same.
2. XBMCLive installed to HDD then updated via http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...tupXBMC.sh.
clackerdacker Wrote:1. Yes I did, then rebooted and exactly the same.
2. XBMCLive installed to HDD then updated via http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...tupXBMC.sh.

hmm maybe it is slightly different for live - i've never used it myself, but i always understood it to be the same near enough.
Think I might have to just piss beta1 off until I can get some help on this and go back to alpha2 and it's bizarre hatred of the TV show Benidorm. That's the only show out of the 2TB of shows I have that plays the video 3 times faster than the audio, and only on alpha2 Rolleyes

Anyhoo, many thanks for all your pointers at least now have a linux knowledge percentage of 0.001%
clackerdacker Wrote:Think I might have to just piss beta1 off until I can get some help on this and go back to alpha2 and it's bizarre hatred of the TV show Benidorm. That's the only show out of the 2TB of shows I have that plays the video 3 times faster than the audio, and only on alpha2 Rolleyes

Anyhoo, many thanks for all your pointers at least now have a linux knowledge percentage of 0.001%

hmm, thats odd i also hate benidorm..

why not go back to alpha1, if you installed it it should still be in you apt-get cache?
check what user XBMC is running under. You can do that by going to the file manager and clicking on home folder - then you should see the full path of your user home folder which would include the user... something like /home/xbmc ..

If you are not running as xbmc then you should apply the fix as I suggested in the other thread. If you are running as xbmc then you have another problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc restarts on shutdown.0