9.11 Beta 1, doesn't work on AppleTV?
I just installed 9.11Beta 1 through the launcher (3.2 beta2 I think). When I try to start XMBC now on my AppleTV a window pops up and sys "Where is ScreenSaverEngine?".

It lists several apps on the system in a MacOS window with Browse, Cancel and Choose buttons on the bottom. The remote doesn't do anything.

Is it supposed to work on AppleTV? I have FW 3.0.1 on my Apple TV, XMBC 9.11 Alpha2 was working fine before I attempted 9.11 beta2.

Thanks
canadianguy Wrote:I just installed 9.11Beta 1 through the launcher (3.2 beta2 I think). When I try to start XBMC now on my AppleTV a window pops up and sys "Where is ScreenSaverEngine?".

It lists several apps on the system in a MacOS window with Browse, Cancel and Choose buttons on the bottom. The remote doesn't do anything.

Is it supposed to work on AppleTV? I have FW 3.0.1 on my Apple TV, XBMC 9.11 Alpha2 was working fine before I attempted 9.11 beta2.

Thanks

Hahaha, that's a bug. Turn off the entry for system screensaver.
davilla Wrote:Hahaha, that's a bug. Turn off the entry for system screensaver.

Would you like me to submit a bug report then?

Is there a way to do this from the shell when I ssh into the AppleTV? It doesn't even start, so I can't do it with the Apple TV remote.

Thanks
looking closer this might be a problem. checking further.
canadianguy Wrote:Would you like me to submit a bug report then?

Is there a way to do this from the shell when I ssh into the AppleTV? It doesn't even start, so I can't do it with the Apple TV remote.

Thanks

fixed in http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24966/ and will be backported to 9.11 Camelot.

This is going to be tricky to fix for b1, need to fake an app called "ScreenSaverEngine" so applescript can tell it to quit.
I used screen sharing on my iMac to select the "cancel" button with the keyboard.
Finally I find someone else with the same problem. I used screen sharing too to exit from the dialog.

Is it possible for me to remove that line from whatever script it is contained in or can you tell us where it expects ScreenSaverEngine to be so that we can throw a junk app in there?
andokai Wrote:Finally I find someone else with the same problem. I used screen sharing too to exit from the dialog.

Is it possible for me to remove that line from whatever script it is contained in or can you tell us where it expects ScreenSaverEngine to be so that we can throw a junk app in there?

Just be patient, next release will have the fix for it. Or you can revert to Alpha 2 in the meantime.
Hey Feikenburg how do you screen share an ATV, I have always wanted to do that, (Not that I have any use for it, but hey)
Amet Wrote:Just be patient, next release will have the fix for it. Or you can revert to Alpha 2 in the meantime.

Ok thanks.
garyi Wrote:Hey Feikenburg how do you screen share an ATV, I have always wanted to do that, (Not that I have any use for it, but hey)

Install Nito TV and the smart installer that comes with it, and then turn on VNC
feikenberg Wrote:Install Nito TV and the smart installer that comes with it, and then turn on VNC

Interesting but doesn't work for me. If I use screen share, I can see the ATV but not control it and if I use RemoteDesktop, I can see the ATV and use the keyboard but not the mouse. Just to make sure, you are talking about VNC setting in the Sharing control panel on the Mac, right ?

Anyway, I can'T get out of the screen asking for ScreenSaverEngine... unless I reboot

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Interesting but doesn't work for me. If I use screen share, I can see the ATV but not control it and if I use RemoteDesktop, I can see the ATV and use the keyboard but not the mouse. Just to make sure, you are talking about VNC setting in the Sharing control panel on the Mac, right ?

Anyway, I can'T get out of the screen asking for ScreenSaverEngine... unless I reboot

I'm talking about the VNC setting in Nito TV on the ATV. The mouse doesn't work with ATV screen sharing, however some keyboard keys do. All I need to do is to press the "enter" key and XBMC continues loading.
Seems that nitoTV installer is to blame for this issue, it adds AppleScript.framework, renaming it solves the issue.

So, if you are brave enough, you can ssh in to ATV and :

Quote:sudo mv /Volumes/OSBoot/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleScript.framework /Volumes/OSBoot/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleScript.framework_bak

next time you start XBMC there will be no prompt to chose ScreenSaverEngine

Zeljko
It works fine.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
9.11 Beta 1, doesn't work on AppleTV?0