[Live] Camelot Beta 1
+1 with BritBloke
BritBloke Wrote:I just tried to install it from CD to USB flash drive and I got the standard Ubuntu installation, with partitioning, GRUB bootloader installation, etc.

Was this intentional? As a Linux noob it wasn't too bad for me to fiddle through (didn't install Grub bootloader though as I was testing on a works laptop and didn't want to mess it up.

What did you do in order to install XBMC?
nvous23 Wrote:What did you do in order to install XBMC?
You mean what did I choose? From the Grub initial menu I chose "Install to USB or HDD".
+3 with BritBloke - it's a mess compared to earlier live installations. Hope this gets fixed.
I went through the install, and it worked great.

It is, however, nowhere NEAR as friendly or slick as the old one.
Can anyone explain the procedure for install Beta 1 to a USB Drive then from the USB Drive to another HDD like we used to do with the 9.04/9.11 Alpha's? I was able to install it successfully to the USB Drive, like others have said it wasn't very user friendly, not like it used to be at least. During Install to the USB Drive I did install GRUB Bootloader to the USB Drive, so now when I goto boot off the USB on my Revo I only get two options both for Ubuntu. No option to install to a HDD Sad
It appears to be treating the USB Flash drive exactly as it would a standard HDD, as my flash drive had a swap partition installed, whoopsLaugh...

The old method was much cleaner for a USB install, but I'm going to give this a shot as I'll still have a backup of my library/system files in-case S*** hits the fan.

-Markus
i also experienced the ubuntu installer on my acer revo vs the previous noobie friendly installer from alpha 1 and 2 ... decided to just run from CD and was getting a timeout error when i try to browse SMB ... going to stick with my alpha 1 since it seems to be the most stable (functional) release for me (i updated it with the new beta 1 skin just to get a refresh on the overall look) ...
Yeah, it seems as if Beta1 is a step backwards in the installation department... I still can't figure out how to install from a USB Drive to a HDD in Beta 1
see the related stickied thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Camelot Beta 10