Linux 9.04 minimal install Tv Problem
Hi sorry to ask but i've been trying to figure this out for a while now. And I'm a newbie.

I have a gainwood 9500GT I have installed the
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-190.42-pkg2.run From NVIDIA I know it’s the right package as I have checked supported products.

I am Using the 9.04 minimal install from:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38804

I have a no signal on my LCD TV on hdmi, the hdmi can either be DVI or hdmi from the graphics card, I have 3 hdmi ports on TV and one pc vga connector which says invalid format, once XBMC has loaded. Hope that makes sense.

The fact that pc vga to TV vga says invalid format suggests to me that there is a Xorg problem. Also the fact that I can see the splash logo on start-up puzzles me!

However I’ve tried changing the Xorg.conf and It's not working,

Is there anyone else with problem can any one help?

Although I have encountered problems installing xbmc I have over come them and wanted to give the information out, incase any one else encountered this problem too. However to find out if xbmc works I need to be able to see the xbmc running..
I guess no ones using a 9500GT, I have test the card in windows without graphics drivers and with, and both work...

I Have Also tried some flavors of linux, No Luck. I have a 8400Gs (asus card pci-e) comming in the post today.

From what I've read in the linux forums this one i should be ok? can anyone confirm?

Leon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux 9.04 minimal install Tv Problem0