XBMC via Laptop to TV
Hey there,

So I'm trying to work out how to stream from my PC with all the Movies/TVshows in my bedroom, to a laptop (small hddrive) in the living room which is connected to the TV. Then I'm intending to use the iphone remote which I have up and working.

I've setup XBMC as a upnp server on the PC and installed XBMC on the laptop, and the laptop sees the server just fine. However, when I add UPNP source to the laptop, it doesn't scrap the information so I don't get all the artwork that I do on the PC. In fact, it doesn't even really add the movies to my library, I just see the shares in sources and can browse and pick a movie that way.

I'm using two copies of Beta Camelot.

Is there a better way to do this so I'll get all the scrapper info? Am I doing something wrong or is there some setting I'm missing so it will scrap the UPNP share and display it in my library?

I'm starting to consider just using a super long cable to get the PC screen to display in the living room or investing in a media server, but since I have the laptop spare, I figured I'd give this a shot first.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do, but it seems to me that you are over-analyzing this.

Why not map to shares from the laptop to the bedroom pc? Seems very simple to me =\...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC via Laptop to TV0