How to start playing music automatically
Hello, after not having looked at XBMC for a long time, after reading on tweakers.net some good words about the latest release, I decided to install it again, and see how it works. And, it works much better then a previous version i had installed: No stuttering movies anymore. I run it on a Windows 7, 64bit machine.

But i have 2 problems, which probably are very simple to solve.

First, if i add music to the queue and choose then for play by using the right mouse button, nothing happens. I have to hit the space key twice on the keyboard to get it to play. What am i doing wrong? So, how can i for example take one album on harddisk, and make it play from the first to the last number automatically?

Second, i have a big harddisk, with movies, pictures, programs, music on it, all in different subdirectories. Is there an easy way to let XBMC scan the whole hard disk, and put the files in the correct XBMC folders, so pics in the picture tab, music in the music tab, movies in the movie tab, etc. So when i go to the movie tab, i dont see all files which are on the hard disk, but only the relevant files, (Divx, DVD, etc.), is that possible? Oh yes, i add as source for example D: so XBMC scans all of the disk. I know i should have put all same type of files in the same directory, but, i havent done that.... So, how can i out of that mess make relatively easy relevant play-files for the relevant sub type-tabs in XBMC?

As i dont know if it are Windows related problems, XBMC related problems, or user (me) problems, i decided to put this in the general XBMC help forum, not in the Windows help forum. Sorry if i had to put it in there anyway!

Thanks for any light shed on both questions.
I would suggest you start here and take it from there.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

What you are describing is insanity... XBMC will not heal that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to start playing music automatically0