Linux Jaunty and XBMC first install CPU running 100% do I need better hardware
Hello

Just finished last night installing jaunty desktop and xbmc.

System is
Jetway JXBLUEC78S-LF AM2+ Nvidia Geforce 8200 HDMI micro ATX

AMD Athlon 64LE-1640 Lima 2.7Ghz AM2 single core

1G of DDR800(PC6400)

I followed some sticky guides and everything seemed to go as needed.

I installed the Nvidia drivers by using the administrator hardware devices method and it says I have 1.80.44 version installed

The problem is when playing .264 type movies my CPU usage is 100%.
Should this system handle HD video if VDPAU is working properly or is it insufficient?

What can I do please help.
snuffy47 Wrote:Hello

Just finished last night installing jaunty desktop and xbmc.

System is
Jetway JXBLUEC78S-LF AM2+ Nvidia Geforce 8200 HDMI micro ATX

AMD Athlon 64LE-1640 Lima 2.7Ghz AM2 single core

1G of DDR800(PC6400)

I followed some sticky guides and everything seemed to go as needed.

I installed the Nvidia drivers by using the administrator hardware devices method and it says I have 1.80.44 version installed

The problem is when playing .264 type movies my CPU usage is 100%.
Should this system handle HD video if VDPAU is working properly or is it insufficient?

What can I do please help.

According to the wiki page that nvidia card should support VDPAU B. So then yes it should be enough if VDPAU is working. Hit 'o' when playing a video to get the on screen display. It should say that its using VDPAU.
You need to update your driver to at least the 185 series.
Thanks for the quick responses.

I will try that when I get home.

Will also look at updating drivers to 185 for ubuntu. Are there any how toos that you can send me too.

Is the ram sufficient as I will by another G if it may help and with these responses the 2.7Ghz cpu should be sufficient if I get the VDPAU working.
When the VDPAU is working the ram and CPU won't matter.

The Aspire Revo 1600 has a single-core Atom 233 + 1GB ram and it does full 1080p just fine.

I would just take a look at any of the how-to's on setting up an Asrock or Revo. They should give a good guide for setting up any system with an nvidia VDPAU supported chipset. The only thing that might differ is going to be the audio setup.
Roger all over it Smile
Well I removed and reinstalled 190.42 drivers using one of the how toos and it worked Smile

Running around 30-70% cpu depending on some files. Will do further testing but it does work Smile

Now I need to figure out how to get the coxial audio to work Sad

Thanks for the help and when I actually do the final install and place in an enclosure will update Smile

Thanks for the input

With the information regarding requirements this mobo must work also ZOTAC IONITX-B-E Intel Atom N230 1.6GHz NVIDIA ION Mini ITX ION Platform Motherboard/CPU Combo - Retail

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Jaunty and XBMC first install CPU running 100% do I need better hardware0