Why is there no sticky on how to copy stuff to XBMC?
XBMC is way to easy to use with a NAS.

But what if I want to add stuff to XBMC's hardrive?!?

The first question I get when installing XBMC is "How do I copy stuff to it?" and I used to use rsync, but that does not work in the latest Beta...

Is there a easy way to copy something to a XBMC live installation?

I have a backup file of the old XBMC database, and I rsynced it to my laptop, but I dont know how to copy it to my new XBMC... rsync does not work, and is not installable and ssh is not installable.
uh sshd is running. use it
spiff Wrote:uh sshd is running. use it

Hehe... And how do I use sshd to copy someting to XBMC?
Ah...

SFTP is the easy solution I am looking for Smile

Just open Filezilla with ip user and password and use port 22 Smile
Now I can browse XBMC like a FTP server Smile
i use wincsp - nice and easy
I use samba server super fast and drag and drop http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60331
I use both, Do I win ?
HW : Multiple Asrock 330HT + NAS
SYS: xbmc-live 10.0
I use my normal file manager (since my XBMC computer is named "nero", I just enter "sftp://nero" into the address bar). But then again, I use Linux; I guess the other OSes may be a bit outdated on that front still Wink
XBMC on a barebones (K)Ubuntu 10.04
....on a PIII 600mHz with a GeForce 8400GS 512mb PCI, yes my HTPC can play hi-def videos despite being mostly manufactured in 1999.
On windows (and linux) I usually use FileZilla, which is free and open source, just specify sftp and xbmc as user and your password for the xbmc box as password (xbmc as default iirc)

cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Cirion Wrote:XBMC is way to easy to use with a NAS.

But what if I want to add stuff to XBMC's hardrive?!?

The first question I get when installing XBMC is "How do I copy stuff to it?" and I used to use rsync, but that does not work in the latest Beta...

Is there a easy way to copy something to a XBMC live installation?

I have a backup file of the old XBMC database, and I rsynced it to my laptop, but I dont know how to copy it to my new XBMC... rsync does not work, and is not installable and ssh is not installable.

Ive been using the file manager built into XBMC to copy stuff from the network server to the XBMC hard drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is there no sticky on how to copy stuff to XBMC?0