Series Watcher (New episodes alarm)
I have begun to watch a lot of different series lately, i have therefor had problems keeping up with when new episodes are released.
I have therefore created Series watcher, a program that connects up to your XBMC installation and will tell you what episodes you are missing.
This application requires that you run xbmc with a MySQL database, and have access to it from the computer you wish to run the application from.
There are 2 modes, New Missing is the default, but you can change though the menu “Episodes”, you can also force an update of the shows here.
  • New Missing
    This mode will only show missing episodes that are newer then your latest episode. For an example take Samllville, there are 10 Season and the latest episodes is 15, if I only have Season 10 episode 1 to 13, will it not bother me with all the episodes I am missing from season 1 to 9, and only show the new episodes s10e14 and s10e15.

• All Missing
    This mode will list all missing episodes.

Settings
  • MySQL Host
    The hostname or IP address of you MySQL server.
  • MySQL Database
    The database where xbmc stores the video data.
  • MySQL Username
    The MySQL username
  • MySQL Password
    The MySQL password
  • Server Link
    The link xbmc uses to for the path (See below)
  • Client Link
    The link to the same place from the client pc (See below)
Server and Client Link are used when xbmc have not stored the thetvdb id in the database, then will it try to look for the “tvshow.nfo” this. Example have my XBMC all the TV shows stores in smb://MYSERVER/M/Media/Series/, and my client have access to this though a network drive mounted on M:/, there for will I have to enter “smb://MYSERVER/M/” as my Server Link and “M:/” as my client link.
When the application then tried to find the nfo file for “smb://MYSERVER/M/Media/Series/Tvshows/Smallville” will it look in “M:\Media\Series\Tvshows\Smallville”

Download it from: http://applications.sogaard.us/SeriesWatcher/
No respons?
Are there any advantages to using this over something like SickBeard, which already has it integrated into it?
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
Looks good enough as a standalone app, but I use SickBeard too. Has the same functionality, but also searches and downloads the missing items.
bramblepants Wrote:Are there any advantages to using this over something like SickBeard, which already has it integrated into it?

I can't say there are any advantages, as i do not use SickBeard, as I download from HTTP services such as fileserv, hotfile and so on. But it application have been built to be an extreme light weight application that can quickly give you an overview of you missing episodes. And I’m currently working on an update that will allow you to connect to it though a web browser, so you can control you MCE completely remotely!
I have been using Sick Beard for a few day now, so i am able to compare. What I see as the advantages of Series Watcher over Sick Beard, is that is very low maintenance, and extremely simple to set up in comparison. The program is also a lot more simple to use compared to Sick Beard, and gives you what you need very quickly. And it can be used on different clients, so you do not need to install software on your mce.
Doomstone, I really like the simplicity of Series Watcher. Thanks.

Is there a way to print or export the missing episodes that it finds. I have way too many series to go through one at a time, but a printed list would be easy to use. I would like to go through the list and check the files on my hard drives manually to verify they are missing, not just mis-labled or misspelled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series Watcher (New episodes alarm)0