YANFOE (Yet Another NFO Editor)
Thumbs Up 
I'm using YANFOE again as of yesterday to manage my movies. So I thought there should be a thread about this great program.

You can check it out at http://www.yanfoef.com

Screenshot from the latest development build:

YANFOE is free software, donors get access to the latest development builds.
Promising software, but the build available for download is pretty old (august ?!) and has a few bugs.
The developers should consider fixing the bugs and building a large community, and I'm sure the donations will come along.
As for myself, I don't want to donate for what a software MIGHT be, but for what it IS.
Might be a little harsh, so let's say some good things too: nice and clean UI, fast and reliable, might be a solution one day.
For the record; this is not something I've build. I'm just using it and wanted to let people know about the program.
I've been using this for some time, it's a great program, but buggy. Could be great someday. I think it's a shame that the daily builds are restricted to those paying donations, as the community probably isn't large enough for that yet and it may kill off interest.
Great news: A preview of beta9 is available for everyone.

Things to note

* Save has been disabled. Though you can save your database for future use.
* This software is still in development. Bugs are still being fixed and features added. Expect the unexpected.
* YANFOE 0.1 Final is scheduled to hit early 2010 (shortly after development on 0.2-TV starts) at which point it will be totally free for all to use.

UI Changes
  • YANFOE has received a complete UI refresh.
  • The movie grid code has been completely rewritten making it faster and a lot more stable.

Not just YAMJ anymore
  • Further support for UMC
  • Further support for XBMC

Brand new scraper engine, including a host of new scrapers
  • Allocine (French) <- Rewritten for new HTML Layout
  • AnimeNFO (Anime)
  • FilmAffinity (Spanish)
  • FilmDelta (Swedish)
  • FilmUp (Italian)
  • FilmWeb (Polish)
  • Kinopiosk / КиноПоиск (Russian)
  • MovieMeter (Dutch)
  • RottenTomato (Ratings)
  • Sratim (Hebrew)

New Tools
  • New scraper groups allow you to group different sites together and take bits of data from each.
  • Image extractor tool: Allowing you to extract and downloads images directly into YANFOE

Loads of other enhancements
  • Load and Save databases within yanfoe for different collections.
  • Youtube links are now converted to MP4 links to make stream compatible with YAMJ, XBMC etc
  • Youtube Mp4 links can be found and extracted using the internal browser.
  • Full proxy support.
  • Country can now be specified for Certification and Alt Title in IMDB scraper.
  • Auto Select File on Folder Open
  • Text or Images can be reverted back to saved state individually.
  • NFO User ID of 0 or -1 is now supported.
  • Sort title as if prefixes have been removed.
  • Save simultaneously UMC and NFO configuration file
  • OFDB plugin now supports writers and extra cast details
  • Ability to select the specific folders for posters and nfos
  • Library path validation before update is processed.
  • Enable genre tags to be individual tags.
  • IMDB scraper now supports multiple alternative titles.
  • Ability to grab different fields from different sources.
  • Add function to specify scrape preferences "scrape groups".
  • Movie grid tool tip is now dynamically generated to ensure correct values
  • Allocine scraper can now extract multiple posters at once from the new Allocine website
  • Actor thumbnail now has a preview popup to show full size image
  • Various improvements to Image extractor.
  • Actors thumbnails are now grabbed from TMDB when possible.
  • Added format icons in Main Movie Window
  • Picture filter now looks to make sure both images exist or not.
  • The actors grid has been changed support actors thumbnails.
  • Cache has been improved to compress HTML and XML and cache every single type of download
  • "Scan Recursively" value in "Select A Folder" dialog is now retained.
  • Source has been sorted in main movie window.
  • The ability to save, or resave NFOs and images from the right click content menu on the movies list.
  • Added UMC tab to Xml preview tab
  • Ability to skip media files smaller than a preset size.
  • Added default filter to Support [extra] tags in filename.
  • Thumbnails for Poster and Fanart now have a popup showing full thumbnail preview.
  • Added a new tab in movie window with Video Details and Audio Details.
  • Movies can now be added to a new set from the main page
  • ANFOE will now monitor paths actively and report when a path is not longer available.
  • Ability to switch off media info tags in NFO
  • Abilily to select a max amount of actor records to be outputted.
  • Ability to choose "Name by folder" and "Name by File" on a path by path basis.
  • Ability to filter out movies using a regular expression or a simple value of a filename/path basis
  • Added support for different XML encoding types when outputting NFOs
  • Added an option to prevent MPAA field from being populated
  • Added support for new YAMJ media info tags.

And 100's of bug fixes and other changes

Extract images from any web page and import as fanart or a poster.

Pick and mix data sources to build you own super scraper.

Thumbs Up 
Kilnk Wrote:I've been using this for some time, it's a great program, but buggy. Could be great someday. I think it's a shame that the daily builds are restricted to those paying donations, as the community probably isn't large enough for that yet and it may kill off interest.

I tried it myself last week... I haven't donate to the project yet, so I don't know how the NFO files will work with my XBMC+Auriga (you can't save NFO files unless you donate) but the program seems really great! Nod It's fast, very clean, customizable, and has loads of interesting features! Wink

I agree, its community won't grow enough with the current donation-ware scheme, but it's a pitty since the program seems to be one of the best in its kind. It doesn't feel too buggy at the moment (don't know if it was a few months ago).
Still using it. It isn't buggy anymore in my experience.
I'm waiting for the TV support, then this will be the best media manager in my opinion.
It's really great to see a Yanfoe thread in the XBMC forum.

I'm part of the Yanfoe QA group. I reap no benefit other than helping Russ, the developer, create a great piece of software. I have beeen involved with Yanfoe from it's start. I did want to point out Russ is commited to providing preview builds to the community at various intervals. Hopefully this will encourage others to try Yanfoe as it matures.

thanks db
Yanfoe 2 is coming.

http://yanfoef.com/Thread-YANFOE-2-Alpha...d-timeline
I would like to say that I have been using yanfoe for a few days now and I find it better than most 3rd party media managers.

I reckon I've tried most of them and always went back to ember. Since that has now recently demised, I decided to look around for something new and stumbled upon Yanfoe. I looked at the free restricted version and was most impressed. It did not take me long to donate the $15usd and now I haven't looked back. I have had no compatability issues with XBMC as of yet with a 500+ title list and I also cannot wait for TV support either so I can stop using the other Program that I use and combine them all into the one.

This program is recommended to all and no, I am not connected in any way to yanfoe, just another satisfied customer.

Roll on V2
a51alias Wrote:I would like to say that I have been using yanfoe for a few days now and I find it better than most 3rd party media managers.

I reckon I've tried most of them and always went back to ember. Since that has now recently demised, I decided to look around for something new and stumbled upon Yanfoe. I looked at the free restricted version and was most impressed. It did not take me long to donate the $15usd and now I haven't looked back. I have had no compatability issues with XBMC as of yet with a 500+ title list and I also cannot wait for TV support either so I can stop using the other Program that I use and combine them all into the one.

This program is recommended to all and no, I am not connected in any way to yanfoe, just another satisfied customer.

Roll on V2

Hi.

I have downloaded this mediamanager now, and it looks very promissing (just preview version at the moment). Im testing it on a source with only four movies, Yanfoe found poster, fanart and info for only one of the movies. For the other three movies I get the error "Can not establish connection to bing, please check your internet connection". Did you experience that error when you tested the free version?
Didn't mind the $15 donation. Now it's going to be subscription based?No I guess I'll just stick with XBMC scrapers and not deal with the pay me, pay me apps. I can't even get a activation code to post in the forum and voice my disapprovalSad
Subscription based is not a smart move I think. I will use it till the beta has been released and then I'll see if the upcoming features will be enough for me to subscribe for another year.
ehh.. subscription-based.... time to find something new.

So much for this post made by Russel on 11-21-2009:

Quote:YANFOE is free!
... and always will be.

I guess it's only free if you pay a subscription every year! LOL. Lame!
joeranjensen Wrote:Hi.

I have downloaded this mediamanager now, and it looks very promissing (just preview version at the moment). Im testing it on a source with only four movies, Yanfoe found poster, fanart and info for only one of the movies. For the other three movies I get the error "Can not establish connection to bing, please check your internet connection". Did you experience that error when you tested the free version?

I didn't get any issues when testing it. The only grump i have with it is the lack of TV support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YANFOE (Yet Another NFO Editor)0