• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)
Observations/comments:

Overall GREAT JOB! I love this skin even more than I did...this skin combined with the XBMC guts make for a fantastic HTPC Smile

-Panel View is the best view ever - not too many posters overwhelming the page, yet enough to keep you reading through. Kind of reminds me of the boxee layout in the beta, but better since fanart is there, along with the flags. Love the plot placement, and flag placement as well.

-Love the new flags for video and audio language!

-The new list view is nice, as well as the watched icons Smile

-Love I can now eject the disc from the video submenu, cheers!

-I personally think the new settings layout is better, looks really nice!

-Weather seems to work better for me

-I really miss the movie genre from the views Sad Any particular reason you wanted that gone?

-I notice in a few movies and tv shows the title bleeds/overlaps into the plot - It seems to only happen with titles that are long, any way to fix this?

-The new video/audio OSD will take some getting used to, it being on top seems wrong lol

Great job Hitch! As you can see mostly a positive experience Big Grin
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Love the new layout!

It seems that when viewing in File or List view, that the highlighted title gets
justified to the left and moves over to the left border of screen.

Shouldn't it stay where it is (justified right) and just be highlighted?
Is anyone else having problems with GitHub? I click "download source" and the little popup (which normally says "hardocore archiving") just has a spinning icon and the download never starts. Tried on a few machines with the same effect.

Any suggestions?
I also miss a lot the movie genre information.

Also, the plot in the OSD is a nice idea... but I find it's too long, scrolls too much, and perhaps takes too much attention from watching the actual media.
I'd suggest to replace it with ... tagline ? Fast, nice way to get a brief info while watching the movie.
Just wanted to chime in and say AWESOME work hitcher, this is my new default skin!
JDizzy Wrote:Love the new layout!

It seems that when viewing in File or List view, that the highlighted title gets
justified to the left and moves over to the left border of screen.

Shouldn't it stay where it is (justified right) and just be highlighted?

Had that problem with XBMC 9.11, it's gone now that I use a recent svn.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Oral-B Wrote:Had that problem with XBMC 9.11, it's gone now that I use a recent svn.

I have this also I thought it was just written like that.

Which download of xbmc did you get?
So far I love it. I move to Transparency for a while for Alaska new version has me back. Great work Hitcher. I'll play with it a little more to give further opinions.
MrTourettes Wrote:I have this also I thought it was just written like that.

Which download of xbmc did you get?

I use svn 27017 for Linux from https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+archive/ppa.

If you're using Windows, try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Oral-B Wrote:Had that problem with XBMC 9.11, it's gone now that I use a recent svn.

I see... I am running the 9.11 release so go figure.

I am not set up to easily add the SVNs as they come out.

Question: I will be updating to the SVN that Davilla is working on that adds
Crystal HD support to the ATV. Will that work? (sorry, just not all that familiar
with all this) :o
Excellent work Hitcher. I take my hat off to you man, your attention to detail is unrivaled.
Juanflaco Wrote:Is anyone else having problems with GitHub? I click "download source" and the little popup (which normally says "hardocore archiving") just has a spinning icon and the download never starts. Tried on a few machines with the same effect.

Any suggestions?

If you are trying to download it with a browser I heard it does not work with IE. Best way to download it is by using the git application itself so you can keep up with updates.
uncertainty Wrote:If you are trying to download it with a browser I heard it does not work with IE. Best way to download it is by using the git application itself so you can keep up with updates.
Thanks for the tip - it failed under IE and Chrome but worked with Firefox. I really should install a Git client one of these days...

A quick run through the latest version left me very impressed - now to have closer look at the updated color xml! Smile
Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction for a XPR texture packer for linux or provide a xpr pack with weather backdrops resized to 960x540 so I can test the skin on my xbox and hopefully upload it to xbmc-xbox-skins? Any of the two would be highly appreciated! Smile

All the windows XPR packing utils I can find won't work in Wine unfortunately. And I have no Windows installation available atm.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Where is the Play DVD button/icon ? Tongue

Edit: Found it! Big Grin lol
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)2