New "Now playing" fanart problem
Using the "display fanart instead of visualisation" works great in most cases.

However, I just noticed that if I press press play from the context menu on a "root" item with no fanart - say the soul genre - the songs played from the subsequently generated playlist will not have any fanart displayed once the "now playing" window kicks in.

I hope I explained that OK. It's a bit hard to follow perhaps, so I'll give a concrete example:

I want to randonly play all items in soul genre. So, with shuffle enabled, I navigate to soul genre heading and press "c" for context menu, then chose play.

I now have a great shuffled playlist of all my Soul music, but alas no fanart in the background Sad

Any idea why / possible fix?

Thanks so much!
i would need to know your xbmc version, platform and Transparency! version.

both Transparency! (v2.10) as well as xbmc changed the way have 'now playing' fanart is handled.

cheers.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So sorry - very remiss of me not to include all that....

Running Camelot Beta 1 on Vista x64, with transparency 2.10 beta Smile

Thanks!
I guess an easier way of demonstrating this problem is that when I select "party mode" there is no "now playing" fanart for all songs.

The key seems to be whether or not fanart is displayed at the time the now playing playlist is created....

Any idea of a workaround?
Thanks Smile
sorry, did a lot of testing myself yesterday, but failed to follow-up here.

fanart seems to be only working when you queue songs.

queuing an album, artist, genre, year or whatever does not work and as you already noticed, partymode also doesn't work.

apparently the new (musicplayer) fanart implementation in xbmc is fairly limited.

i've created a trac ticket for it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7902
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie - let's hope that gets sorted for Camelot stable Smile
uhm, this bug is scary. kind of forces me to stick with the old transparency :\

(which is awesome, btw) Big Grin
Is this bug still there? Will the next XBMC stable be released with non-working fanarts? That would suck big times... Sad
as you can see in the trac ticket, the bug is still open.
in case it's not fixed in the final release, i'll put the old workaround back in the skin.
Great to know we'll be covered either way Smile
Well it seems like this issue still hasn't been addressed in Camelot stable....
If i select an artist and then album directly it works fine, but if i get to the same album selection via, say, genre, then no fanart is displayed on the "now playing" screen...
is the old workaround available in Transparency 2.11? Didn't see it anywhere but perhaps I'm overlooking it somehow....

Thanks!
kiboy6 Wrote:Well it seems like this issue still hasn't been addressed in Camelot stable....
true...
kiboy6 Wrote:If i select an artist and then album directly it works fine, but if i get to the same album selection via, say, genre, then no fanart is displayed on the "now playing" screen...
is the old workaround available in Transparency 2.11? Didn't see it anywhere but perhaps I'm overlooking it somehow....

it should work right out-of-the-box. Transparency! first tries the new method to load the fanart, if it fails it'll use the old workaround.

i'm gonna need a Debug Log to check what's going wrong on your side.
ronie Wrote:true...

it should work right out-of-the-box. Transparency! first tries the new method to load the fanart, if it fails it'll use the old workaround.

i'm gonna need a Debug Log to check what's going wrong on your side.

Ah...OK that sounds awesome - didn't realise it was automatically built in!

My problem may just have been that I hadn't yet exported the fanart.jpg to the artist folder then.....Will check when I get back to my HTPC box and report back if there's still a problem Smile

Thanks Ronie!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New "Now playing" fanart problem0