Smarter 'Resume from last position'
Whilst I use and appreciate the Resume from last position' prompt, there are instances where it is annoying. Specifically, whenever I rip and re-mux a blu-ray, I play the movie and skip to somewhere where there is dialog and check that I got the right language track, and it is in sync. I also sometimes check the quality of downloaded files. Maybe I'm the only one that does this, but I suspect there are quite a few others.

In these cases it would be great if xbmc didn't remember the last position, and started playback from the beginning instead of prompting me. I guess it could work similar, but the opposite to the 'Watched' flags, where if less than 5% of the video was played, don't store the last position.
I think we have code in place to do something similar (work out play time while ignoring skips) for lastfm scrobbling but I'm not sure.

That would be the first thing that needs doing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I think we have code in place to do something similar (work out play time while ignoring skips) for lastfm scrobbling but I'm not sure.

That would be the first thing that needs doing.

Oh, I thought that was already in there for the 'Watched' flag. I thought that a file would only be marked as watched if more than 90% was played.
somebody gave your post half an eye and 1/10th a brain behind that eye i believe Smile
If you skip past 5% in the movie, then a switch based purely on the 5% mark would not work. I suspect quite a few movies have no dialog in the first 5%.

I presumed what you were really wanting was to only save the position if you had watched 5% of the film in total, regardless of skipping.

If it's the former, then I think there's an advancedsetting for it. If it's the latter then see my other post.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I presumed what you were really wanting was to only save the position if you had watched 5% of the film in total, regardless of skipping.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I actually though this was how 'Watched' worked, as I've skipped to the end/right near the end before, and it wasn't marked as watched but I guess it must only go on the current time vs. total time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smarter 'Resume from last position'0