TV Thumbs Won't Export
Have a small problem, for some TV series the thumbs will not export. The thumbs exist since they are displayed in the GUI. I've tried deleting the nfo files as well as deleting and re-creating the database.

When I export I select the option to export thumbs as well as overwrite. Here is a log snippet where the thumbs are not written:

Code:
[size=x-small]WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://mythtv:mythtv@MYTHTV%2dB1/myth/media/tv%5fshows/3/Family%20Ties/Season%203/Family%20Ties%20%2d%20S03E10%2enfo
DEBUG: CFileSMB::Close closing fd 10000
WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://mythtv:mythtv@MYTHTV%2dB1/myth/media/tv%5fshows/3/Family%20Ties/Season%203/Family%20Ties%20%2d%20S03E11%2enfo
DEBUG: CFileSMB::Close closing fd 10000[/size]

as you can see only the nfo file is exported. Here is a snippet from the same export where it does export the thumbs:
Code:
[size=x-small]WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://mythtv:mythtv@MYTHTV%2dB1/myth/media/tv%5fshows/3/Quantum%20Leap/Season%204/Quantum%20Leap%20%2d%20S04E01%2enfo
DEBUG: CFileSMB::Close closing fd 10000
WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://mythtv:mythtv@MYTHTV%2dB1/myth/media/tv%5fshows/3/Quantum%20Leap/Season%204/Quantum%20Leap%20%2d%20S04E01%2etbn
DEBUG: CFileSMB::Close closing fd 10000[/size]

The only piece of information is that for the tv episodes that won't export thumbs, it would seem that c06 in the database table episode is blank (didn't check all of them).

For these episodes the thumb is generated by xbmc from the video. So why won't it export it. I have searched the forum and the only thing I came across is that thetvdb is still rebuilding their database. But why should this affect exporting thumbs extracted from the video by xbmc?

Is there an option I am missing?
deleted
Upgraded to Beta 2 which has some fixes with respect to thumbnails. Still the same issue, some thumbnails will not export.

If there is no episode image on thetvdb.com, xbmc will generate the thumbnail from the video file, but it won't export it.

Should I raise a ticket? I recall that it use to export them.
What's the need for the export? It's autogenerated. If it's not there, it'll autogenerate again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:What's the need for the export? It's autogenerated. If it's not there, it'll autogenerate again.

You make a very good point.

I have multiple frontends and generally export everything both for backup purposes and to import to the other frontends when I add new content.

But your right if it autogenerates then it doesn`t really matter.

I will double check the autogeneration is working correctly in my setup, I was following the recent ticket that fixed this; I don`t expect any issues here.

Thanks for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Thumbs Won't Export0