Apple TV not playing video properly
I'm not familiar with video/audio codecs but I can't seem to be able to play a video file properly on Apple TV running XBMC without an awful screeching audio in the background.

The file name contains the string "HRHD.AC3.XVID" not sure if it has any significance. I don't have problems playing back files that are DIDRip.XVID.

I also tried playing the same file back on Plex on my Mac Mini, it sounds perfectly OK, so I can rule out file corruption.

My Apple TV is running on Launcher 3.2 beta 3 and is updated to ATV 3.0.1.
hanami Wrote:I'm not familiar with video/audio codecs but I can't seem to be able to play a video file properly on Apple TV running XBMC without an awful screeching audio in the background.

The file name contains the string "HRHD.AC3.XVID" not sure if it has any significance. I don't have problems playing back files that are DIDRip.XVID.

I also tried playing the same file back on Plex on my Mac Mini, it sounds perfectly OK, so I can rule out file corruption.

My Apple TV is running on Launcher 3.2 beta 3 and is updated to ATV 3.0.1.

debug log might tell more why you are having this issue. see my signature on how to find and post it.
try changing your audio setting from Digital to Analog.

XBMC>Settings>System>AudioHardware>AudioOuptut

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV not playing video properly0