SHOUTcast ripper python script?
how about a script that could rip the audio from shoutcast servers, break up the stream by song, and then apply id3 labeling?

i dont think it would be to hard to take the streamripper sourcecode and apply it to the xbox, but i am not sure if this goes beyond the python scripting xbmc has built in. it would be nice through to leave the xbox on a few days and come back with enough songs from a good station to fill up a mp3 cd for those long car trips and college classes.
doesnt´t xbmc exactly do that while recording a sc stream?
(acid70 @ oct. 05 2004,07:02 Wrote:doesnt´t xbmc exactly do that while recording a sc stream?
it does Cool
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi
yes it does !
but i have another question. it is not because xbmc can do something that it could not be interesting to use it in a script... so my question is :
is it possible to use the recorder in a python script ?

i am making a script to browse our stream database and read, add,... tv/radios/videos streams. this one may not be very 'clean' coding, but i am a beginner and pretty proud of the result right now. i wanted to add the recording function. i made something that work a little bit. but i don't know how to find the lenght of the stream for example. but my attempt to record is working. one porblem is that i can't read or do anything else while recording...

so i hope someone could give me some answers/ ideas...

thx in advance !
see ya
i to would love to see devolopment of that, or atleast a option to record streaming video just like it does with audio now. i watch several internet shows and would love to be able to hop out and hit record just like i can with audio streams.
i am making a python script to browse our database of stream (http://xbmc-stream.gueux.net/). this script will give you the opportunity to record some movies on your xbox hdd.

this script should release soon so keep an eye around xbox scene (gueux.net, xbmc-stream.gueux.net, xbmc.org, and this forum) and you'll here soon about it !

see ya
seems this thread is a bit old,
but im also looking for something that can rip shoutcast streams..
someone mention "sc stream" whats that ?
im using XBMC 10.1 on W7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SHOUTcast ripper python script?0