• 1(current)
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]
Lightbulb 
Thanks to the great work of Hitcher, you can easily change the colors of Alaska and make new color schemes.

Make a copy of one of the .xml files in: /Alaska/colors/

- And start changing the *hex values.

*These are ARGB (AARRGGBB) colors, the first two letters tell how much you can see through the element. 00 means it is invisible, FF means it is fully visible.

[EDIT: Hitcher] Hex values for decimal 0-255, with percentages

alpha
red
green
blue

(*Thanks ccMatrix and hikaricore)

You can get inspiration and see some great looking color combinations at the Adobe Kuler website: http://kuler.adobe.com and at the COLOURlovers website: http://www.colourlovers.com/

If you have made your own nice looking color combinations, post them here, with a screenshot, and the xml code that you changed, so others can see and try them out Smile
Here is one I quickly made.

I call it "Slate", because of the grayish colors Smile

I have made a copy of the defaults.xml and started editing that - It's not done yet, so I've only changed the first values in the .xml file:
Code:
<colors>

<!-- Theme Colours -->

<color name="BackgroundColor">cc969ca2</color>
    <color name="BackgroundFilterColor">ffe8ebe8</color>
    <color name="ButtonFilterColor">FFc30000</color>

<!-- Home 1 Colours -->

<color name="HomeFrameColor">FF413f40</color>
    <color name="HomeFrameDiffuseColor">FFd2d9db</color>
    <color name="MainMenuLabel">bb181818</color>

Nice work jbor613.

Please remember to post the xml changes too, so others can try your color scheme Smile
Here's one I had created a while back and previously posted in the development thread. I'll post it again here, however to keep things organized.

Mosaic_Blue (Download)

Updated to latest Alaska changes as of 12-14-2009

Image.Image.Image.Image.Image

This skin changes a few graphic files in order to achive a mosaic background pattern. Therefore a download is necessary. The download includes two Home1 color choices to choose from.

[EDIT] Note that I am no longer uploading current versions of the "Red_Slate" theme as Hitcher seems to be updating that as he goes along. Thank you Hitcher, I'm glad that you liked it enough to include it in Alaska by default. Big Grin
Amra Wrote:[EDIT] Note that I am no longer uploading current versions of the "Red_Slate" theme as Hitcher seems to be updating that as he goes along. Thank you Hitcher, I'm glad that you liked it enough to include it in Alaska by default. Big Grin
By all means make any changes you like as I only really add new colour tags to keep things working but my choices of colours might not be what you want.
Hitcher Wrote:By all means make any changes you like as I only really add new colour tags to keep things working but my choices of colours might not be what you want.
Nonsense, they look great and I like your new choice of stars. Wink
jbor613 in my opinion the second color seems blurried, maybe other secondary color would fit better. Or maybe less blurried.
Hitcher (or someone else),

How do I change the color of the text/selected text when browsing Videos in File View?

I can't seem to find the right hex.

Thanks
Ayla Wrote:Hitcher (or someone else),

How do I change the color of the text/selected text when browsing Videos in File View?
I think it is this section (from the default color xml):
Code:
<!-- List & File colours -->

<color name="ListTrackNF">FF686868</color>
    <color name="ListTitleNF">FF474747</color>
    <color name="ListTrackF">FF686868</color>
    <color name="ListTitleF">FF474747</color>
    <color name="FileTitleNF">ab474747</color>

In the image above, ListTrackF & ListTitleF are white. ListTrackNF & ListTitleNF are yellow. Obviously, I've used different numbers than what is in the default.

Here are the numbers I've used in my Mosaic Blue theme pictured above:
Code:
<!-- List & File colours -->

<color name="ListTrackNF">FFc89008</color>
    <color name="ListTitleNF">FFc89008</color>
    <color name="ListTrackF">eeffffff</color>
    <color name="ListTitleF">eeffffff</color>
    <color name="FileTitleNF">FFc89008</color>
Hope I got that right & it helps.
I'd be interested to try out the khaki colour scheme if it's ever posted. Smile
I've made an entirely black and white (and a little bit of grey) Alaska theme.

I can post the .xml, but I've changed some more things that aren't in the .xml color file!

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
WJWNL Wrote:I've made an entirely black and white (and a little bit of grey) Alaska theme.
Yes, please post the xml. The more color combos we can stack up, the better.

WJWNL Wrote:I can post the .xml, but I've changed some more things that aren't in the .xml color file!

As far as other adjustments... I'm sure the Alaska crew would be interested in what else needed to be adjusted.

Was it just color cosmetics that you adjusted, or deeper modding?
If you've changed textures simply build a new textures.xpr with just them using XPR Express.
I simply changed some font names, and made some things less transparant. I also changed some textures, but I will post my complete Alaska files when I'm entirely done.

I have one question though:

Which line in the colour .xml changes the grey time, seen in this picture?

How does that XPR work exactly?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]0