Confluence 4:3
(Hope I've posted in the correct forum)

My screen resolution is 1280x1024. Confluence looks pretty stretched. Is there a way to make it look "normal" on my screen?
I'd second the motion, if there is any remote chance of getting 4:3 niceness that'd be much appreciated.
Not from me Smile 4x3 is so 80's Smile
well at least this answers my question...

BTW Jezz, you guys need to modify the search on vB so we can actually search. Timeout's are so 80's...
djroketboy Wrote:well at least this answers my question...

BTW Jezz, you guys need to modify the search on vB so we can actually search. Timeout's are so 80's...

Tis why sometimes I use google and just use XBMC in my search along with whatever I'm looking for. Wink
Jezz_X Wrote:Not from me Smile 4x3 is so 80's Smile

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE? Big Grin

I have three Xboxes that are DYING to get your latest skin(s) on them. Nod
- Blackstar
Not sure if this information can help but...

When I set my Apple TV up for 480p confluence looks great at 4:3... well as good as it can all pixelated and crap cuz of the low resolution.
Huh the skin does work with Xbox... just not in 4:3....
Geeba Wrote:Huh the skin does work with Xbox... just not in 4:3....

Hence the request for 4:3-ness to avoid 'squish-o-vision'. Laugh

All three of my old xboxes are on 4:3 SD CRT TV's. Only my media center is hooked up to my HDTV.
- Blackstar
BlackstarBSP Wrote:Hence the request for 4:3-ness to avoid 'squish-o-vision'. Laugh

All three of my old xboxes are on 4:3 SD CRT TV's. Only my media center is hooked up to my HDTV.

get rid of the crt tv's then lmao bejesus do people still have them Tongue cavemen I tell you!!!! Big Grin
Jezz_X, let me ask this way; what is required to make it 4:3 capable? Is it a lot of work, or just making sure the xml files are correct for 4:3?

IMHO, The default skin for xbmc should work with everything out of the box.
It works fine. It's just stretched apparently. Most views aren't stretched at all, as most views don't use stretched images.

If you want it to work for 4x3 then you need to go through and indicate the views you think are stretched.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

z][ggy;452154 Wrote:get rid of the crt tv's then lmao bejesus do people still have them Tongue cavemen I tell you!!!! Big Grin

Um, no. :p I'm not going to blow $2,000 x 3 to replace perfectly good working flat-tube TV's hooked up to 8 year old hacked xboxes that only show SD video anyway. That's just crazy talk. Rofl Let alone spending even more for HD quality media center PC's or devices for each. That's just more crazy talk. Shocked

Things work perfectly fine now and will until things start to break or fail, then I'll consider upgrades. For now, one HDTV and XBMC computer to play HD videos is fine.

I just like Jezz_X's skins so much, I'd love to enjoy it on all my old XBMC machines, not just the newer HD one. Nod
- Blackstar
The stretching on my (recently replaced) CRT with Confluence was acceptable. I'd rather the devs spend time on adding features and whatnot than worry about a minor annoyance in 4:3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence 4:30