few more questions on ATV/ATV Flash
1. I have heard ATV is quite an energy user on standby (warm as well) is there any problem with switching the power off most of the time? I accept it wont sync but to be honest I only change what I have on itues once a week so it does not need to be on 24/7.

2. I am looking to install ATVFlash so need a usb hub and wiresless keyboard, anyone recommend something that works? dont want to pay the £50 for apple unit.

3. I have a Freecom 400gb ext hard drive, (currently NTFS) will it work with ATV? do I need to format and what directory do I put ripped DVD;s in to use with ATVflash?

3. Finally I posted this elsewhere but anyone recorded from ATV to a HDD recorder like the panasonic EX79 so that you can edit? what connections and whats quality like?

Thanks guys
To answer #3. NTFS wont work with ATV. I read a thread somewhere of people getting it to work, but it seemed like a lot of work so I stopped reading lol
Oh what do I need to do to use this freecom thats currently NTFS...can I just re format it?? advise pls.
You certainly can format your freecome (NTFS) to FAT32... Simply google these terms:

"Formatting NTFS to FAT32"
"Convert NTFS to FAT32"
"Format FAT32 in Windows"

etc... just beware, once you format, youll lose everything on the drive
Hi psburley,

I can answer #1 and #2 for you:

#1 An ATV can get quite hot but it seems that it does not consume that much energy; around 17 to 19 Watts when active, 13 Watts when in standby mode[1]. But I always turn it off when I don't use it (unplug the powercord). Offcourse, when you are going to use XBMC, you don't need to sync with iTunes directly and you can let XBMC update it's library every time it starts.

#2 I'm not sure how comfortable you are around the terminal and how much time you want to invest, but a lot of the possibilities aTVflash offers can be done quite easily for free. Furthermore, ones ssh is installed on your ATV, you can login from any other computer; saves you the need of an extra keyboard.

Good luck

[1] http://discussions.apple.com/message.jsp...76#4408276

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
few more questions on ATV/ATV Flash0