Visible condition when no image found?
I've been doing some tests to see just what XBMC is returning for the texture name when we use Control.GetLabel(id) and it appears that it doesn't get anything when using $INFO in the string, not even the fallback texture.
Found out a little more.

Adding an image that doesn't exist (forcing the fallback texture to be displayed) XBMC still returns the actual path string instead of the fallback texture.

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/default.png">special://skin/extras/studios/1111.png</texture>

ControlGetLabel = "special://skin/extras/studios/1111.png"

XBMC obviously knows there's no 1111.png because it's using the fallback image so there's got to be a way to get this working.
Hitcher Wrote:Found out a little more.

Adding an image that doesn't exist (forcing the fallback texture to be displayed) XBMC still returns the actual path string instead of the fallback texture.

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/default.png">special://skin/extras/studios/1111.png</texture>

ControlGetLabel = "special://skin/extras/studios/1111.png"

XBMC obviously knows there's no 1111.png because it's using the fallback image so there's got to be a way to get this working.

I've noticed this happens when background="true" is not used or it might just be the build I'm using (XBMCSetup-Rev25122-dx.exe).
Tried using background="true" but all that did was keep the last flag onscreen when there was no new one.
Can anyone shed any light on what's wrong?

Is it ControlGetLabel not working properly?
Hitcher Wrote:Tried using background="true" but all that did was keep the last flag onscreen when there was no new one.

That's odd because it worked here although other image (fallback image) continues to flash repeatedly. What build are you using Hitcher?
Rev25255.
looks like it's not working properly because the media flagging code is included in every Viewtype-Foo.xml.
if you include it only once, in MyVideoNav.xml, things work as expected.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have success! Only took a couple of hours but I finally have the flags sliding the to right when there isn't a Studio flag. I had to separate the Studio flag from the rest of the flag group. Quick question Hitcher: Any reason you choose to use a group with slide animations for the other flags instead of a grouplist and a <visible> tag?

Uploading the changed files now. Needed to strip the <include>PosterMediaFlags</include> groups and merged them all into the MyVideNav.xml as Ronie suggested. Don't ask me why but the studio image label wasn't being update after switching to another view. Seems to be a bug in the underlying code. This may have something to do with the flickering I am experiencing in Rapier...someone with more C++ knowledge will have to weigh in on it though.

Here's a list of the files I needed to change:

View_Poster.xml
View_Fanart.xml
View_Files.xml
View_Landscape.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
Includes_MediaFlags.xml

Download modified files from here.

Hope it helps mate! Alaska's looking really good!
This is great news guys, thanks.

I'll get it sorted when I finish work later.

Oh, and I'm using slides so they all align to the right of the screen when one or more is missing.
Hitcher Wrote:This is great news guys, thanks.

I'll get it sorted when I finish work later.

Oh, and I'm using slides so they all align to the right of the screen when one or more is missing.

You can use a grouplist to do that as well. Just use <align>right</align> with it. Should work a treat!

Edit: On second thought that still won't work...I guess slides are the only way to do that.
Thanks to everyone for helping sort this issue out.

Working -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TWDMA1SnBM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visible condition when no image found?0