• 3(current)
[RELEASE] LRC Lyrics - Addon based on XBMC Lyrics
ReK_ Wrote:Example mp3

Thanks for doing this.
I have read the ID3 standard from http://www.id3.org/. the "synchronised lyrics" in ID3 is not like lrc lyrics, and your example file use "user defined text information frame" to save lrc lyrics. I don't know if this a standard practice or just work for yourself? any document about this method?
It's not something I wrote personally, no. The software that does it for me is the Lyrics Show Panel for foobar (foo_uie_lyrics). I've looked around on the net and it seems to be kind of an informal standard. Ape has two tags for lyrics; UNSYNCED LYRICS, which contains what you would find a a txt lyrics file, and LYRICS, which contains what you would find in an LRC file. Officially it should use the ID3 USLT and SYLT tags, but this seems to be the result of people trying to copy ape, or just being too lazy to write a good converter.

I've found an open-source (GPLv2) project on launchpad that is written in python and has code to convert LRC to SYLT and back. Would it be possible for you to use that and support both the official ID3 lyrics and this informal standard? Giving the SYLT a higher priority if present, but falling back to <LYRICS>.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports...mbedLrc.py
ReK_ Wrote:It's not something I wrote personally, no. The software that does it for me is the Lyrics Show Panel for foobar (foo_uie_lyrics). I've looked around on the net and it seems to be kind of an informal standard. Ape has two tags for lyrics; UNSYNCED LYRICS, which contains what you would find a a txt lyrics file, and LYRICS, which contains what you would find in an LRC file. Officially it should use the ID3 USLT and SYLT tags, but this seems to be the result of people trying to copy ape, or just being too lazy to write a good converter.

I've found an open-source (GPLv2) project on launchpad that is written in python and has code to convert LRC to SYLT and back. Would it be possible for you to use that and support both the official ID3 lyrics and this informal standard? Giving the SYLT a higher priority if present, but falling back to <LYRICS>.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports...mbedLrc.py

way over my head but fingers crossed!
I find this as really useful. thank you so much. Are you planing to update to make it work in new addon system?
being able to read lyrics from the actual MP3 would really rock indeed. I use MediaMonkey to bulk grab 100s of lyrics and store them into the MP3. Great if you want these lyrics to appear on your iPods as well.

Being able to display all of our obscure tunnage without net searches would rock.
Belgrath Wrote:being able to read lyrics from the actual MP3 would really rock indeed. I use MediaMonkey to bulk grab 100s of lyrics and store them into the MP3. Great if you want these lyrics to appear on your iPods as well.

Being able to display all of our obscure tunnage without net searches would rock.

agreed. i use minilyrics with wmp to get my lyrics as lrc lyrics itself simply doesnt get enough results. the ability to read from tags would effectively combine all 3 searches into 1!
theironyuppie Wrote:agreed. i use minilyrics with wmp to get my lyrics as lrc lyrics itself simply doesnt get enough results. the ability to read from tags would effectively combine all 3 searches into 1!

Yep and would handle searches where some artists do covers of songs, most search engines won't pick these up simply because.

Then there's various artists, alterations of lyrics for live performances.

Perhaps if you're like me you'd like to append guitar tab to the end of your lyrics for some select tunes.

All of this and more is possible by bypassing the as you go net searches and simply use the in tune tag.Big Grin
kimp93 Wrote:I find this as really useful. thank you so much. Are you planing to update to make it work in new addon system?
Support new addon system now.
@ReK_;
I have added a scraper to read embedded lrc lyrics in TXXX id3 frame. Please test it. you should set the scraper with embedded at first.
feel free to push to the official repo when you think it's ready Smile
spiff Wrote:feel free to push to the official repo when you think it's ready Smile

yes, push to the official repo now
i'd like to give this a shot, but unfortunatelly it doesn't fit my naming scheme.

My filenaming scheme looks like this:

my music files (mp3) are in the following path:

/Music/A/Alestorm/2008 - Captain Morgan's Revenge/02 - Captain Morgan's Revenge.mp3

the lyrics would be in the same folder as the mp3, but in a subfolder called "lyrics":

/Music/A/Alestorm/2008 - Captain Morgan's Revenge/lyrics/02 - Captain Morgan's Revenge.lrc

would It be possible to adapt the script to allow this path as well?
Horscht Wrote:i'd like to give this a shot, but unfortunatelly it doesn't fit my naming scheme.

My filenaming scheme looks like this:

my music files (mp3) are in the following path:

/Music/A/Alestorm/2008 - Captain Morgan's Revenge/02 - Captain Morgan's Revenge.mp3

the lyrics would be in the same folder as the mp3, but in a subfolder called "lyrics":

/Music/A/Alestorm/2008 - Captain Morgan's Revenge/lyrics/02 - Captain Morgan's Revenge.lrc

would It be possible to adapt the script to allow this path as well?
added a setting to load same name lyrics from sub folder, please upate 1.3.3 and test it.
taxigps Wrote:added a setting to load same name lyrics from sub folder, please upate 1.3.3 and test it.

this works. Awesome, thanks! Syncronized lyrics ftw Big Grin
Hi, i'm using XBMC for a while, but had troubles with CUlyrics (stalled XBMC after a while)
Now I use LCRLyrics with XBMCLyrics, Looks really great
but it keeps on giving runtime errors when exiting the LCRLyrics window.

I use the latest dharma R35326-RC1 and installed LCRLyrics from the
.xbmc-addons-chinese repository.

I have the add-on mapped under a shortkey:
<l>XBMC.RunScript(script.lrclyrics)</l>

any idea what is going on? - wrong script calling ??
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] LRC Lyrics - Addon based on XBMC Lyrics1