Disabling list items
I'm trying to simplify/bullet-proof a skin so that a technologically impaired person can safely use XBMC.

I'm trying to disable movie playlist button (or is it a list item) and every library mode except Genres. I started with Genres since that is the one I found the skin source for first. The library modes are implemented as a list. I have tried disabling every item except the one for Genres by using variations of <visible>!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,Genres)</visible> but this doesn't work since ListItem.Label only returns the currently selected Item (per the wiki, but sometimes I think it means focused item). Is there a way to get the (untranslated) label of THIS listItem and disable it and make invisible if it is one I don't want to show?

I realize that since Genres will be the only visible item on this page, I will quickly be looking at how to make it so that when Movies are selected in the parent page, that it immediately goes to Genres. But since I want to list more than one item for TV shows, this is still a worthwhile exercise.

I haven't yet started to figure out how to disable playlists. Any hints?

Finally, I am hoping that I can create settings to control these behaviors so that I can toggle what is and what is not reachable by the target user.

Thanx
Perhaps my plan of attack is wrong. I think I can just code my own "franks_Library".xml with the few buttons I want, ignoring what I want, and change the appropriate pages to use mine instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disabling list items0