• 2(current)
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon
Nice release Amet. Most files work but I had some issues that required me to copy the 'language' folder from XBMC into the resources folder of CU Lyrics to make it work. I also get messages like below with every search:

DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (?)
DEBUG: ParentPath = []
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting ?
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed

I also have run into capitalization issue. ZZ Top won't return any results because it changes the 2nd 'Z' to lowercase. The paste below is what CU Lyrics sends:

http://lyricwiki.org/index.php?title=Zz%...ction=edit

If you modify the above post to 'ZZ' in a browser, it works. Too bad Lyricwiki is so case-sensitive.

Those issues aside this script looks quite nice. Great work!
Thanks for the hard work,

I'm having a different problem.
Using confluance, I cannot escape out of the script
I am able to navigate the up/down arrows but cannot navigate to the 'X' button
The standard back and home buttons are ineffective

If I start the script in the 'scripts' window I am only able to change to fullscreen vis but not change back
If I start the script in fullscreen vis I cannot escape anywhere

Much appreciated, my most used script forsure

*edit
on song change the script does not attempt to fetch the new song.
woodyearl Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?k5djatz3eow

paco Wrote:Nice release Amet. Most files work but I had some issues that required me to copy the 'language' folder from XBMC into the resources folder of CU Lyrics to make it work. I also get messages like below with every search:

DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (?)
DEBUG: ParentPath = []
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting ?
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed

I also have run into capitalization issue. ZZ Top won't return any results because it changes the 2nd 'Z' to lowercase. The paste below is what CU Lyrics sends:

http://lyricwiki.org/index.php?title=Zz%...ction=edit

If you modify the above post to 'ZZ' in a browser, it works. Too bad Lyricwiki is so case-sensitive.

Those issues aside this script looks quite nice. Great work!

Updated first post with version 0.6.0, it should take care of capitalization issue

Let me know if it works for you.
Thanks for testing
Zeljko
Loto_Bak Wrote:Thanks for the hard work,

I'm having a different problem.
Using confluance, I cannot escape out of the script
I am able to navigate the up/down arrows but cannot navigate to the 'X' button
The standard back and home buttons are ineffective

If I start the script in the 'scripts' window I am only able to change to fullscreen vis but not change back
If I start the script in fullscreen vis I cannot escape anywhere

Much appreciated, my most used script forsure

I only have Win to test here, "esc" button works to stop the script. I will test on ATV when I get home

Loto_Bak Wrote:*edit
on song change the script does not attempt to fetch the new song.

I will test that as well, thanks for letting me know
Zeljko
Nuka1195 Wrote:amet, the changing of case is because lyricwiki most time requires it be camel case.

thats why there is an excepetion option, so when it finds AC/DC it won't change it.

this was in the original scraper, looks like it's still there in yours

Nuka1195 Wrote:just noticed using the old drive letters P:\\, so change those to special://

Thanks for the pointers, I have updated the scraper to hopefully solve the issue.

Zeljko
Hi!

I like your script a lot but I think I have found a little "bug".. If I for example play "Helloween - Livin' ain't no crime" it can´t find any lyrics for me but if I change the song title in the ID3 tag to "Livin aint no crime" the script finds the lyrics right away Smile. So it seems to have some problems if the song name/title has " ' " characters in it.

I have tried several other songs too, and I got the same results.

Thanks for a great script!

/Sonic
sonic Wrote:Hi!

I like your script a lot but I think I have found a little "bug".. If I for example play "Helloween - Livin' ain't no crime" it can´t find any lyrics for me but if I change the song title in the ID3 tag to "Livin aint no crime" the script finds the lyrics right away Smile. So it seems to have some problems if the song name/title has " ' " characters in it.

I have tried several other songs too, and I got the same results.

Thanks for a great script!

/Sonic

Thanks for the feedback,

I would appreciate if you could post the log and upload the song somewhere so that I can test

Thanks,
Zeljko
Amet Wrote:Thanks for the feedback,

I would appreciate if you could post the log and upload the song somewhere so that I can test

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I also ran into the same problem. Your script capitalizes the T after an apostrophe ("Ain't" becomes "Ain'T" which then fails to find any results). See example:

NOTICE: SongAin't Talkin' 'Bout Love
NOTICE: ArtistVan Halen
NOTICE: Title:[Van Halen:Ain'T Talkin' 'Bout Love]
NOTICE: http://lyricwiki.org/index.php?title=Van...ction=edit

Another issue I have noticed is quotes (") within lyrics aren't scraped correctly. See following link:

http://lyricwiki.org/index.php?title=Van...ction=edit

At the end of the song, the line:

(This is home) Somebody said "fair warning"!

Gets scraped as:

Keep up the great work!
paco Wrote:Another issue I have noticed is quotes (") within lyrics aren't scraped correctly. See following link:

http://lyricwiki.org/index.php?title=Van...ction=edit

At the end of the song, the line:

Gets scraped as:

Keep up the great work!

If you look at the Page source, thats where we get the lyrics from, it shows ""fair warning"".There is an ugly hack to get rid of it in V 0.6.1, first post has download link

I am not entirely sure how to handle the " ' " issue, I'll look at it over the weekend

Thanks for letting me know.

Zeljko
Quote:I am not entirely sure how to handle the " ' " issue, I'll look at it over the weekend

Thank you for looking at it, i hope you will find a fix for that.

/Sonic
well done on this script works rather well. I'm using this on the xbox and find that some times the lyrics don't appear for the next song when skipping the track back and forward. They appear for split second then the song you just had on come up again which is obviously incorrect.
willers.nail Wrote:well done on this script works rather well. I'm using this on the xbox and find that some times the lyrics don't appear for the next song when skipping the track back and forward. They appear for split second then the song you just had on come up again which is obviously incorrect.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it over the weekend
I just want to thank you Amet for keeping alive this plugin. Smile

This plugin is a must for me. Working really great.

Thanks again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alanwww1 Wrote:I just want to thank you Amet for keeping alive this plugin. Smile

This plugin is a must for me. Working really great.

Thanks again.

NP Smile, credit to the original authors as well.

I have added the latest version to SVN Repo Installer, any problems please let me know.
and another new version on SVN Repo InstallerSmile

0.7.0 attempts to fetch lyrics for the next track/song and saves it to file. when track changes, the lyrics (if exist) are shown immediately.

Zeljko
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon1