Performance problems
Sad 
I also experience video problems with 9.11b1 which were not present in 9.4 with the same files.

Standard def. xvid/divx files have few framedrops and odd pauses - no matter which video setting I'm using. 1080p mkv files are very choppy and unwatchable.

I'm using snow leopard on a Mac Mini (2009 model).

Hoping for a fix very soon - othewise I'm going back to 9.4.

YES, I know this is a beta, but basic performance issues should have been solved in the alpha phase.
Beano Wrote:I also experience video problems with 9.11b1 which were not present in 9.4 with the same files.

Standard def. xvid/divx files have few framedrops and odd pauses - no matter which video setting I'm using. 1080p mkv files are very choppy and unwatchable.

I'm using snow leopard on a Mac Mini (2009 model).

Hoping for a fix very soon - othewise I'm going back to 9.4.

YES, I know this is a beta, but basic performance issues should have been solved in the alpha phase.

Squawking about an issues does not help Smile Need more info and logs to see what the problem might be. Runs fine under 10.6 on MacBook with intel chipset and MPB here.
Squawking or no squawking, the fact is that the current beta version has apparent performance issues - didn't take me much efforts (read:none) to see it and should still be caught in alpha.
Don't want to sound to bitchy but I'm a professional developer myself and this just seems sloppy and not up to the XBMC team's high standards.

Anyway, I would like to help but have now downgraded to 9.4 to be able to use it again - I'll try the next beta and let you know if the issues still persists. Maybe I'll try beta 1 again but no promises.
Beano Wrote:Squawking or no squawking, the fact is that the current beta version has apparent performance issues - didn't take me much efforts (read:none) to see it and should still be caught in alpha.
Don't want to sound to bitchy but I'm a professional developer myself and this just seems sloppy and not up to the XBMC team's high standards.

Anyway, I would like to help but have now downgraded to 9.4 to be able to use it again - I'll try the next beta and let you know if the issues still persists. Maybe I'll try beta 1 again but no promises.

You might be a professional developer but your bug reporting sucks. 9.11.b1 works fine on the boxes I have access to and the boxes that other teamxbmc dev members are running and since I'm not at your side and cannot debug the issue without YOUR assistance, there's not much I can do. You might think it's sloppy BUT as a "professional developer" you also should know that if one cannot reproduce the issues, there's not much that can be done but guess what might be the problem.
Yes - being arrogant and talking down to people, create an good and productive atmosphere. You even try to make it sound like I lie about the issue. Get real!

AS I WROTE - I will test with beta 2 and let you know if the problem still persists.
Beano Wrote:Yes - being arrogant and talking down to people, create an good and productive atmosphere. You even try to make it sound like I lie about the issue. Get real!

AS I WROTE - I will test with beta 2 and let you know if the problem still persists.

Never said you are lying, just trying to pry some info out. The problem is NOT repeatable on our test boxes or we would see it, find the problem and fix it.

However, Since you refuse to provide the basic info that all support issue request (xbmc.log for starters) and feel you have done your duty by just reporting a possible issue, I'm done with helping you regarding this issue. Someone else can give a try. I don't have time to guess, ponder and reflect what could possibly be different about your setup vs ours. We get reports of issues all the time, most of the time it's a user setup issue. With the rest, it's a real problem that we might or might not be able to reproduce. If we can reproduce it, fine, we dog it down and fix it. If we cannot reproduce the problem (as in this case), we start looking at user setup differences.

Calling that release "sloppy" just chaps my ass as you obviously have no clue as to the amount of work that I and the other teamxbmc developers have freely given in support of XBMC and all it's platforms. Since you claim to be a professional developer then figure it out yourself, patches are welcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Performance problems0