Customizing Home Screen Options?
Running XBMC for Windows build 24195
Rapier V 1.6

Trying to find out of there's a way to edit the home screen options to add in a new option.

I've got Movies, TV and Music and I've got the general Videos library folder for when I need to look at that. But I'm wondering if it's possible to edit this to include an option for Anime, as I want to keep that listing separate from the rest of my TV shows and movies.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is only to tell me "Nope, can't do it."
you could, but there is alot more work than just typing in "anime" somewhere. The text on the menu of rapier are images. a seperate focus and dim image. These would need to be created since they don't currently exist. Then you would have to define everything in the home.xml for those new images (when they are focused and not and the onclick content as well). Also how do you navigate to your anime currently (file view or library; movie or tv section)?

But yeah, its possible. If i wanted to do something like that the hardest part would be the images since i only have mspaint "installed"

If would be easier to modify the qular mod or color mod and add the anime section to the movies submenu instead.
Right now, I pretty much just go through my library view to do it since I didn't want to mix in the anime titles with movies or TV.

As far as creating the images, I guess I would have to figure out the font and font sizing used to do them and what filters, etc were used on the render. I've got Photoshop, so that's not an issue as far as being able to. It's the figuring out how, I suppose.

But thanks for the advice.
Alright, I've been trying for several days now and all I've managed to do is crash XBMC every time I load it now. Honestly, I'm just not sure where to begin or what all I have to edit(I know I need to edit more than just the home.xml, but I don't know what other files and where they're all located) to do this.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or give me some advice/hints I would appreciate it.
Basically, what I want to accomplish is the following:
1) Add a new category to the home screen - Anime
2) create a new call on the library to pull only "Anime" titles and display such similar to how only movies or tv shows display on those functions
3) If possible allow it to be set like the other category functions in the skin(custom backdrops on home screen, hidden, etc)
Why not use my mod and setup Anime as a sub menu item off the videos menu.
Because I hadn't really looked that hard into your mod to notice that you offered sub-menu options, for which I must apologize. It would more than suffice for what I intend, I think and would allow me to separate out the anime between movies and tv shows w/ separate subs for both.

So thank you for the suggestion and I'll experiment with it tonight and see if it'll work the way I hope.
Next version of Rapier will allow you to customize the submenu's for each home category from within the skin.
scarfa Wrote:Next version of Rapier will allow you to customize the submenu's for each home category from within the skin.

Is there any release date prevision for next version of Rapier?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Is there any release date prevision for next version of Rapier?

Should be out in about a week. Don't hold me to it. Big Grin
scarfa Wrote:Next version of Rapier will allow you to customize the submenu's for each home category from within the skin.

Wow, really looking forward to this!! Thanks for the great skin!
scarfa Wrote:Should be out in about a week. Don't hold me to it. Big Grin

Christmas present! Woohoo!!! Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customizing Home Screen Options?0