Worse performance in Camelot than Babylon, help!
I'm running a Core 2 Quad 2.2 ghz hackintosh with a geforce 9800 gtx video card. I run primarily high bitrate 1080p MKV files. Both Plex and Bablyon have no issues running these files without dropping frames. Every SVN, Alpha and Beta of Camelot I've tried, I get dropped frames in "high" action sequences of video. Any ideas would help, thanks!
swimfan Wrote:I'm running a Core 2 Quad 2.2 ghz hackintosh with a geforce 9800 gtx video card. I run primarily high bitrate 1080p MKV files. Both Plex and Bablyon have no issues running these files without dropping frames. Every SVN, Alpha and Beta of Camelot I've tried, I get dropped frames in "high" action sequences of video. Any ideas would help, thanks!

The standard drill is to post xbmc.log to a pastebin side and paste the URL here.
the one thing that the log is full of is thousands of lines of this:

22:23:12 T:2695136512 M:5368037376 DEBUG: ffmpeg[A0A48500]: [swscaler] No accelerated colorspace conversion found.

not sure what that means or if it could even be related to bad performance.
swimfan Wrote:the one thing that the log is full of is thousands of lines of this:

22:23:12 T:2695136512 M:5368037376 DEBUG: ffmpeg[A0A48500]: [swscaler] No accelerated colorspace conversion found.

not sure what that means or if it could even be related to bad performance.

check guisetting.xml and see if you have upscaling turned on .
davilla Wrote:check guisetting.xml and see if you have upscaling turned on .

here's the guisettings.xml settings.

<videoplayer>
<adjustrefreshrate>false</adjustrefreshrate>
<aspecterror>3</aspecterror>
<displayresolution>10</displayresolution>
<highqualityupscaling>0</highqualityupscaling>
<maxspeedadjust>5.000000</maxspeedadjust>
<rendermethod>3</rendermethod>
<resamplequality>1</resamplequality>
<resumeautomatically>2</resumeautomatically>
<sep1></sep1>
<sep1></sep1>
<sep5></sep5>
<synctype>0</synctype>
<teletextenabled>true</teletextenabled>
<upscalingalgorithm>7</upscalingalgorithm>
<usedisplayasclock>false</usedisplayasclock>
</videoplayer>
swimfan Wrote:here's the guisettings.xml settings.

<videoplayer>
<adjustrefreshrate>false</adjustrefreshrate>
<aspecterror>3</aspecterror>
<displayresolution>10</displayresolution>
<highqualityupscaling>0</highqualityupscaling>
<maxspeedadjust>5.000000</maxspeedadjust>
<rendermethod>3</rendermethod>
<resamplequality>1</resamplequality>
<resumeautomatically>2</resumeautomatically>
<sep1></sep1>
<sep1></sep1>
<sep5></sep5>
<synctype>0</synctype>
<teletextenabled>true</teletextenabled>
<upscalingalgorithm>7</upscalingalgorithm>
<usedisplayasclock>false</usedisplayasclock>
</videoplayer>

strange, highqualityupscaling is off yet ffmpeg is bitching about swscaler not having accelerated colorspace conversion.

swscaler should not even be called. full xbmc.log to a pastebin site please.
davilla Wrote:strange, highqualityupscaling is off yet ffmpeg is bitching about swscaler not having accelerated colorspace conversion.

swscaler should not even be called. full xbmc.log to a pastebin site please.

http://pastebin.com/m18994158
swimfan Wrote:http://pastebin.com/m18994158

Your xbmc.log is filled with "ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory", having a problem with connecting to a smb share. might add it to /etc/host.

Also you are doing a lot of button pressing and it's a little hard to see what's going on. Do this, start XBMC, nav to file, play it. Then do nothing for 5-10 mins, then quit.

EDIT: also video render looks set to auto, try setting it to ARB.
davilla Wrote:Your xbmc.log is filled with "ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory", having a problem with connecting to a smb share. might add it to /etc/host.

Also you are doing a lot of button pressing and it's a little hard to see what's going on. Do this, start XBMC, nav to file, play it. Then do nothing for 5-10 mins, then quit.

EDIT: also video render looks set to auto, try setting it to ARB.

i set the render to ARB, but it didn't help. i'm playing a high bitrate 1080p video on this log. it's not streaming over the network, it's on an internal hard drive. i should also say that my aspire revo Linux Live system running Camelot b1 plays this file perfectly with no dropped frames while streaming over the network. thanks so much for your help!

also, this isn't directly tied to this file. it happens on any high bitrate 1080p mkv's.

http://pastebin.com/m6f5ebfd
swimfan Wrote:i set the render to ARB, but it didn't help. i'm playing a high bitrate 1080p video on this log. it's not streaming over the network, it's on an internal hard drive. i should also say that my aspire revo Linux Live system running Camelot b1 plays this file perfectly with no dropped frames while streaming over the network. thanks so much for your help!

also, this isn't directly tied to this file. it happens on any high bitrate 1080p mkv's.

http://pastebin.com/m6f5ebfd

Very odd. Type 'o' and watch aq/vq and total CPU.

The fact that your aspire revo Linux Live system running Camelot b1 plays this file perfectly with no dropped frames while streaming over the network is irrelevant. GPU (vpdau) decode vs CPU decode makes all the difference in the world Smile
davilla Wrote:Very odd. Type 'o' and watch aq/vq and total CPU.

The fact that your aspire revo Linux Live system running Camelot b1 plays this file perfectly with no dropped frames while streaming over the network is irrelevant. GPU (vpdau) decode vs CPU decode makes all the difference in the world Smile

here's what it says during the same clip i sent you the xbmc.log with. the vq only hits 99% when there's a lot happening on screen, same with the CPU hitting 140%+

D(Audio:dca, 48000 Hz, 6 Channels, s16) P(aq:99%, kB/s:1474.20)
D(Video:h264, yuv420p, 1920x800) P(vq:99%, dc-ffh264, MB/s:25.51, drop:78, pc:24)
C( ad: 0.000, a/v: 0.0023, edl:-,dcpu: 1% vcpu 6% )
W(fps:23.98 cpu:141%)
i ran the same file through babylon 9.04. the vq is almost always pegged at 99%, the CPU doesn't go above 130% and i had 3 dropped frames.
Fixed the problem! I had my bios settings wrong and my CPU was clocked at 2.2ghz instead of the stock 2.4ghz. Still weird that Babylon and Plex both play the file perfectly at 2.2ghz, but after the adjustment, Camelot B2 ran it with no dropped frames!!

I'm running the Core 2 Quad Q6600

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Worse performance in Camelot than Babylon, help!0