Revo 3610 - Toslink Working for DD / DTS?
Hi Guys - I'm considering selling my Revo 1600 as I'm not able to get DD / DTS working via my TV's Toslink (my amp doesn't have an HDMI input).

The 3610 has a built in optical out - so I was hoping to hear some comments from other 3610 owners on whether or not they have successfully got DD/DTS working perfectly in XBMC Live.

Again - looking for comments from people not using HDMI for audio, rather using the onboard Toslink.

Thanks.
bump - anyone?
in general, for a sound card with optical, you need to run alsamixer and unmute the iec958 channel.

sudo alsamixer
use arrows to move between channels, press m to mute or unmute.
press esc to exit
sudo alsactl store
Under XBMCLive I had it working fine - I was able to listen to MP3, watch MP4s and also play some ac3 files I had, all through my SPDIF out on my 3610.

I couldn't test with a DVD, as it has no DVD drive, and I have no video encoded with DTS or DD, just Pro Logic 2...

Hope this helps.

(I have now moved over to XBMC on a minimal Ubuntu set up and just need to sort out channel mutings and unmutings).
Thanks prupert - if I could be so bold, could I ask you to test these files (this is linked from the multichannel audio for Linux thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...annel+live )

DTS test movie
Multichannel AAC test movie

If you could test and let me know if it works, this is all I need to confirm before I order it.

Thanks again.
No problems, i shall test em out tomorrow and report back in the evening.

Just gotta make sure I got audio out sorted out anyway, so I can kill two birds with one stone...

Will report back tomorrow night (can't do it tonight as the wife is hogging the TV Wink)
Awesome - thanks.
OK, I managed to test it early, and the results were a little unexpected. Although I have enabled both DTS and Dolby in the settings, only the DTS file played correctly. The AAC file only played through the front left and front right speakers, I heard nothing through the centre and either of the rear speakers.

However, I have a large number of MP4 files that have their Audio tracks encoded in AAC (Pro Logic2) and these play fine (through all the speakers). The system I was using was:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speake...4&cl=us,en

Which I am pretty sure supports both files.

So, a little unexpected. It could be the file, but if other users have tested it and it works, then I am a little lost.....
prupert - thanks for checking this. I'll try out the AAC encoded file on my Revo 1600 setup tonight as that codec is working fine for me. I'll let you know if it behaves as expected. Glad to hear DTS is working.
Ok - I tested out the AAC file and it is only coming across as 2 channel PCM on my setup. That said - my setup is probably dropping the multichannel audio when it hits the TV and only passing stereo to the amp.

Prupert - any chance you can see if Dolby Digital / AC3 is working on your setup? Not sure if you've got some DVDs or encoded files you can look at.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3610 - Toslink Working for DD / DTS?0