How does it looks like when externel player used?
Hi everyone,

first: I am quite new to xbmc. Currently I am using a Dual Core Pentium (not Core 2 Duo) with 2GB RAM and Windows Server 2008. With xmbc it works very well to play 1080p-MKVs-files because of the cpu. Now I'm gonna buy an Asrock ION 330HT-BD and would like to use it with windows. But I also know that the power of the Atom 330 CPU is not sufficent for playback 1080p mkvs so I have to use mpc. That works with the option "external player". Now i would like to know, how this works. Is the player integrated into the xbmc or does the player starts externally with an additional window what I have to set to fullscreen and so on?? And is the player controllable from xbmc or have I to configure my remote control separately for mpc?

Thanks in advance...
mastada Wrote:Hi everyone,

first: I am quite new to xbmc. Currently I am using a Dual Core Pentium (not Core 2 Duo) with 2GB RAM and Windows Server 2008. With XBMC it works very well to play 1080p-MKVs-files because of the cpu. Now I'm gonna buy an Asrock ION 330HT-BD and would like to use it with windows. But I also know that the power of the Atom 330 CPU is not sufficent for playback 1080p mkvs so I have to use mpc. That works with the option "external player". Now i would like to know, how this works. Is the player integrated into the xbmc or does the player starts externally with an additional window what I have to set to fullscreen and so on?? And is the player controllable from xbmc or have I to configure my remote control separately for mpc?

Thanks in advance...

if you know what a command prompt is in windows. Its like doing c:\mplayer\mplayer.exe "d:\yourvideo.avi" -fs
from xbmc when the mplayer.exe quit its coming back to xbmc
It is a separate process altogether although in recent times, the transition from XBMC active window to the external player is much better than the early days so yes to:

1) You have to configure your remote separately, basically as per the external player you want to use, press the close/stop button and then it will / should go back to XBMC
Why not try it on your current machine with MPC-HC, its only a simple xml all of which is detailed in the wiki and MPC-HC doesn't have to be installed using an installer so a simple delete once you know how it works and your system is back to normal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does it looks like when externel player used?0