videos takes me to movies library
sarahandkevin Wrote:i hit the skin settings, i can hide or not hide movies but i dont have an option for tv shows, tv shows is faded out, i have also even tried to add some video files like simpsons and family guy

i think it scans for content and gets things but i have no tv show button to hit

Did you do the "set content" and select TV shows for the folder that holds your TV episodes? I can't remember exactly but I dont think I had the TV show option until I told it where that content lived.
DanSh0 Wrote:Did you do the "set content" and select TV shows for the folder that holds your TV episodes? I can't remember exactly but I dont think I had the TV show option until I told it where that content lived.

did thatSmile
i love xbmc
Do you have TV Shows and episodes in your library or not?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
well i have something like this

home 2/videos/tv/simpsons season 6 episode 2.avi

that is the kind of layout i have
i love xbmc
Heres how I have mine.
I have a folder named 'TV Shows'.

Inside that folder I have a folder named 'South Park'.

Inside that folder I have multiple folders for each season, ie:
'South Park Season 1', 'South Park Season 2', etc.

Inside each of those folders each episode is as follows:
South Park.s01e01.avi
South Park.s01e02.avi
etc etc....

(s01e01 means season 1 episode 1, s01e02 means season 1 episode 2)

Inside the 'TV SHOWS" folder I also have folders named '24', 'Survivor', 'Amazing Race', and more. Each of those folders have season folders inside and then episode folders following the set-up I have above.
Works perfect for me.

For your Simpsons I would go:
__Tv Shows<--Folder
___Simpsons<--Folder
____Simpsons Season 6<--Folder
_____Simpsons.s06e01.avi
_____Simpsons.s06e02.avi
_____Simpsons.s06e03.avi
_____Etc.
____Simpsons Season 7<--Folder
_____Simpsons.s07e01.avi
_____Simpsons.s07e02.avi
_____Simpsons.s07e03.avi
_____Etc
sarahandkevin Wrote:well i have something like this

home 2/videos/tv/simpsons season 6 episode 2.avi

that is the kind of layout i have
Do they show up in your library or not?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
When I select Video Library - Movies (usually from the link on the Home screen), I want to see my movies in library mode. When I select just Videos, I want to see my video collection in file mode (lots of movies taken with my digicam). When I change Videos to file mode, everything is fine. But if I to directly to Movies and then go back to Videos, it changes back to library mode. This used to work before I upgraded to Dharma, but now going into Movies always changes all videos to library mode. Running Dharma on Ubuntu Meerkat.
I'm a new XBMC user and am a little confused on how "Video" and "movie" menus work. I'm using the default Confluence skin.

Here's my situation:

I have one source with content set to "Movie" and themoviedb scrapper enabled. I'd like to use the library mode on this under the "Movie" menu with the fanart view.

I have another source with some videos that I'd like to maintain myself (no scrapper, no auto update etc). I set its content to "none" and I'd like to access this source in the regular "file" mode under "Video", no library mode, with list or thumbnail view.

Here's the problem: I can use the "Video" menu for my non-scrapped videos just fine in non-library mode. However whenever I access "Movies" in library mode, then go back to "Videos", I find the "Videos" to display the exact same view as "Movie". The library mode is automatically turned on. In other words, as soon as I access the "Movie" page once, the "Video" menu is automatically rest to be the same thing as "Movie" on my next visit.

How do I fix this? Is this a bug or intended behavior? Your help will be appreciated.
So you have enabled "Movies" on Home in skin settings and still "Videos" from home is sending you to the Library?
This was probably discussed to death in the Confluence subformum, suggest you start there (don't use this functionality personally).
sho Wrote:So you have enabled "Movies" on Home in skin settings and still "Videos" from home is sending you to the Library?
This was probably discussed to death in the Confluence subformum, suggest you start there (don't use this functionality personally).

Yes, and it only does so after I access "Movie" in library mode.

I tried many searches on the subforum and can't to seem to find much info.
I'm getting this too (with the Aeon Nox skin - although I'm not sure that matters). Are you using Dharma 10.1 by any chance?
Yes I just upgraded to Dharma 10.1

Prior to it I was using a nightly build that's about 10 days old. I believe it behaved the same way.
Same thing here. Seems like a major bug. Hope someone will fix it soon.
It's not a bug.

The "Videos" option on the home menu always goes to the previous view you were in.

Move right off the videos option to go to a particular section.

jmarshall Wrote:It's not a bug.

The "Videos" option on the home menu always goes to the previous view you were in.

Move right off the videos option to go to a particular section.

What if I want to keep a source in non-library, manual file listing mode (like in OP's situation) while my regular movie source in library mode? Every time after I access the movie library by visiting "Movie", I have to first click "Video", which again goes to the same movie view as if I never exited "Movie", then clear the "library" mode checkbox on the left, then use navigation to select the non-movie source, then again set the proper view on the left. So many duplicated clicks to get into the non-library source every time. In other words, what exactly is the point of the "Video" menu if it always goes to the last state where "Movie" left off? I mean if I want to see the movies again I can just click on " Movie"...

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
videos takes me to movies library0