please add finish time on OSD
I know there was a mod for Aeon Auriga that when you bring up the OSD bar while watching videos, it will display the time that the video will end at. Can this be implemented into the OSD of Alaska?
I liked that option in Aeon too.

Hopefully it will make it in to Alaska at some point Smile
As long as it doesn't make the bar too cluttered.
The one think I'm digging on in Alaska is the simplicity.

Adding too much to the bar would be overkill.
hikaricore Wrote:As long as it doesn't make the bar too cluttered.
The one think I'm digging on in Alaska is the simplicity.

Adding too much to the bar would be overkill.

I agree with that too.

I love the simplicity of Alaska!
Duplicate post...
turbinez Wrote:I know there was a mod for Aeon Auriga that when you bring up the OSD bar while watching videos, it will display the time that the video will end at. Can this be implemented into the OSD of Alaska?

Call me dumb but I never understood why you need the time displayed on when a video ends?

IMHO just displaying current time is needed as less clutter is better in alaska...
uncertainty Wrote:Call me dumb but I never understood why you needed the time displayed on when a video ends?

IMHO just displaying current time is needed as less clutter is better in alaska...

Some people fail at math I guess Huh
i dont think it would be clutter, just adding a small simple time at the end in small font. I like this feature because when I wake up for work I like to watch some shows, this will let me know exactly how much time i have left to do other things, like eat, or etc. It's useful to me. I don't consider something thats useful to be clutter.
turbinez Wrote:i dont think it would be clutter, just adding a small simple time at the end in small font. I like this feature because when I wake up for work I like to watch some shows, this will let me know exactly how much time i have left to do other things, like eat, or etc. It's useful to me. I don't consider something thats useful to be clutter.

Same with me, it's a useful feature I think.
That's an useful feature.
and,
Talking about simplicity, it's simplier to call OSD and read "will end at 11:35pm) than have to calculate it from an actual time info.

But now I'm wondering...
that would be possible to have both, fading from one to another ?

I mean:
End time xx:xx
(fade)
time left xx:xx
(fade)
End time xx:xx

advantages:
- no cluttering on OSD (takes the same space)
- every info is displayed, good for everybody.
sounds like some great ideas to me! Smile hope it gets implemented.
Here you go.

12hr clock version -

24hr clock version -

Hitcher OMG! That is perfect! Amazing job! Smile

I am so happy!

you have all your information displayed yet its still simple and clean and doesn't add clutter at all. You are the king of keeping this clean and simple. I love how Alaska has such a minimalistic style! Looks so elegant and modern.

Thanks again Hitcher!
Now we just need to add a kitchen sink to the osd and it'll be set. :p
Suggestion:

for immediate clearity, what about
[movie total length] oooooooooo------ [-xx minutes left] ([end time])

or even better (if that's doable)
[movie total length] oooooooooo------ [-xx minutes left] //FADE// (end time)
?

Surely I'm not the smartest around here, but I needed a whole minute to figure out what times were about.

And maybe slightly bigger fonts.
But that would be a suggestion for the whole skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
please add finish time on OSD0