Strange blue line on screen using Live
Hi.

I am currently using XMBC under Windows XP on an ageing Pentium based desktop for serving films and music to my main LCD TV. Due to a lack of connections on the TV the PC is connected using a standard PC input as the only HDMI input available is already being used.

This has worked well so far although Windows is starting to be Windows and I am seeing stuttering on the screen as Windows performs background tasks etc. with regular CPU usage at 100%. As this is a dedicated media center using XMBC on top of Windows is not sensible and I would like to move over to the Live edition to reduce the CPU load.

Booting the Live CD gives me a much more responsive system. Only two problems stop me making the switch fully. Firstly although my remote can suspend the PC it does not wake it again. I've seen posts and wiki entries on this so I'm sure I can get that fixed so no big issue I hope.

However I have one issue I do not know how to solve. As XMBC boots everything is fine, screen display is as expected. However when the main UI appears I have a thin blue line down the far right hand side of the screen. It appears regardless of skin used, screen positioning (both set within XMBC and the TV), the resolution set in XMBC... I cannot seem to get it to go away. It is distracting to say the least.

As I stated before it only appears when the main UI appears. On the Live boot screens there is no blue line. On my windows installation there is no blue line at any point in booting, using XMBC etc.

I am guessing this is a screen resolution / refresh issue but I do not know how to solve it. Any ideas anyone? If I can get this and the resume from sleep resolved I will move to Live immediately.

Thanks for a great system and fantastic support network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange blue line on screen using Live0