Windows - HOW-TO share folders over SMB using Windows 7

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prettygrim Offline
i dont know why but i have just had to go through the procedure here to get movies to stream successfully from my computer. other versions of XBMC and KODI worked but not the latest 14.2 Helix, no idea why.

i was very pleased to find the info in this post. i just wondered if there was any chance of it being updated please? things are a bit different now to how they were when this guide was first done. i managed to follow it but terms and info on Windows 7 pages has changed. i'll bet there will be even more extremely grateful customers than there have been to date.

many tnx for taking the time to do this originally. it saved me pulling more hair out than i can afford to
find quote
natethomas Offline
Team Kodi Community Manager
(2015-04-07 10:49)Prettygrim Wrote:  i dont know why but i have just had to go through the procedure here to get movies to stream successfully from my computer. other versions of XBMC and KODI worked but not the latest 14.2 Helix, no idea why.

i was very pleased to find the info in this post. i just wondered if there was any chance of it being updated please? things are a bit different now to how they were when this guide was first done. i managed to follow it but terms and info on Windows 7 pages has changed. i'll bet there will be even more extremely grateful customers than there have been to date.

many tnx for taking the time to do this originally. it saved me pulling more hair out than i can afford to

I don't know if I can update win7 guide info, because I'm not running win7 anywhere. I could def add win8 stuff though.

[Image: 1bCRGjW]
find quote