[Live] IMON LCD/IR full install with MCEUSB on Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 Camelot
ya, I got it, thanks muggi... I posted my solution in another post... tutorial works great! Might want to fix the issue I reported earlier in the main post however...

-Erik
burritoboy9984 Wrote:ya, I got it, thanks muggi... I posted my solution in another post... tutorial works great! Might want to fix the issue I reported earlier in the main post however...

-Erik

Hi,

i´ve updated my lircmap.xml in post no.1

greetz muggi
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
Many thanks, muggi, your guide works excellent. I wonder however, were you or anyone else with an imon lcd 0083 able to enable the imon lcd progress bars, too?
If you guy get a properly suspending system you can create /etc/pm/sleep.d scripts to kill or restart lirc and if you do this and make suspend and resume work properly the LCD will shut-off completely (no backlight) when it is suspended. I can get you the scripts I use later this evening if they will help.

I also setup this machine to receive commands through the ir in the imon and then send (transmit) commands through my mce dongle which is hidden in the cabinet behind the machine. So like turning on the TV, my satellite rcvr, switching inputs on the TV etc.. all from a button press on the remote.

This is the bedroom machine and it had to be 100% trouble free for the WAF.

Regards,

Dave
Well, first congrats on the great tutorial. I've been trying to get my Remote + LCD to work the entire day. Tried lots of approaches. So I finally tried your script. Still nothing.
The odd part is that my LCD is lit, but it displays clock (with wrong time)
Fan Speed, Temperature (which is always 37 Celsius) and CPU usage (does not seems to work)

I've copied the lcd.xml, ran the LCDd as informed, but nothing happens. XBMC does not updates the LCD screen with video info.

Also I can't get the remote to work, running sudo irw, and pressing the keys nothing happens.

Could someone please help me on this?

PS: Using the latest XBMC Live 9.11 downloaded today
Thanks you for your guide.

it works perfect for my Antec Micro Fusion Remote 350 0038 and a Vaio MCE Remote RM-MCE20E

Great Job
Hi, i can't use any key on Mce remote for open the context menu. in my Lircmap.xml i added this strings between the others but no reaction when i push MCE button.

<ContextMenu>WindowsMCE</ContextMenu>

when i press MCE button irw tells

800f040d000002ae 00 WindowsMCE MCE_via_iMON
800f040d000002ae 01 WindowsMCE MCE_via_iMON

what's wrong ?
Than you.
@ Muggi

Nice tutorial. It works with no problems on Linux Mint 9 (Ubuntu 10.04). Thanks Smile

Can you please explain how to add more keys for the mce-remote?

For example I would like to add the subtitle on/off function (key=t) the to red key. But I dont know how to edit the Lircmap.xml. Sad
sylvio2000 Wrote:@ Muggi

Nice tutorial. It works with no problems on Linux Mint 9 (Ubuntu 10.04). Thanks Smile

Can you please explain how to add more keys for the mce-remote?

For example I would like to add the subtitle on/off function (key=t) the to red key. But I dont know how to edit the Lircmap.xml. Sad

hi

you have to compare the lirc.conf keymapping with the lircmap.xml and you will see how to add change keys....
KARATELIGHT
Im doing something wrong...

Follow the guide and i dont get it to work as i should...

I get something on the display, but it looks like a alien language.
If u know what i mean...
Hey guys.. I followed the guide and its working very nice...

But some problem I have.. Is it possible to shut the LCD down when I shutdown the HTPC ? The Display is always on, even when the PC isnt running Sad

When I play movies the Display is automaticly going off... thats nice... but when I shut down the PC it always stays on
TheShortOfIt Wrote:Hey guys.. I followed the guide and its working very nice...

But some problem I have.. Is it possible to shut the LCD down when I shutdown the HTPC ? The Display is always on, even when the PC isnt running Sad

When I play movies the Display is automaticly going off... thats nice... but when I shut down the PC it always stays on

Hi

Try to edit lcdd.conf and Set the shutdown Option to"off"
KARATELIGHT
thanks.. already tried... When I shutdown xbmc, the display goes off but 1sec before the pc went off the display turns on again Sad

When I set the PC to hibernating, the display stays off, but when I turn on the pc I only have a black screen...

its really annoying Sad .. I should better read next time before I throw 130 EUR out of the window Sad
Hi guys.

I have good news. The LCD Problem seems to be solved in the current kernel version. But, how did you switch the language. I can´t show ö,ü,ä on the lcd and the imon symbols of xbmc seem to be wrong to.

Greetz
Just wanted to pass on my eternal thanks for all your work in getting this working. I just spent the last 2 months trying to get my iMON LCD working before I realized it was way easier than I thought, and this thread helped me make it work beautifully the first time in only a few minutes. Much thanks and keep up the good work, it's greatly appreciated!
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] IMON LCD/IR full install with MCEUSB on Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 Camelot1