Acer Revo 230...good enough for my purposes?
From what I read here, ion le only doesn't support directx 10.

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/09/the-di...-much.html

I'm thinking of going with the $199 model acer revo since I don't believe my setup with utilize the atom 330 dual core.

My setup will be:

XBMC Live installed to HDD with VDPAU enabled. Almost all video content is:

.MKV container, h.264 video, AC3 or DTS passthrough audio

I will never use this as a PC, only for XBMC. Will the 230 atom be enough to handle all XBMC skins, etc.? I've read that HD playback on these is flawless with VDPAU enabled, even with only 1 GB of RAM. Suggestions? The $130 more for the 330 atom seems like a waste for my purposes. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks. (also, I don't require the wifi, ethernet is fine).

-hogfan
Yes, i use my single core version with no issues at all. I only use Transparency!, PM3.HD an Confluence skins and havent had any issues.
Anybody running something as intensive as the Aeon skin on a single core machine?
prae5 Wrote:Yes, i use my single core version with no issues at all. I only use Transparency!, PM3.HD an Confluence skins and havent had any issues.

I have the single core and run the same. No issues with 720p or 1080p content. I did upgrade mine to 2gig so I could change from 256meg to 512meg for video.
I would say wait till january. Intel Pineview is schedule to be announced then. Also ION 2 is coming soon as well. This will mean price drop on existing hardware.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Mine works fine with pm3 hd and conv skin. change from 256 to 512, I think i saw that my revo had 128 for video memory.. should I change it to 256? I'm using the beta xbmc with xp hardware accelerated dxva, no need for linux.
Would anyone be willing to try and run Alaska and let us know how it turns out? I am thinking about picking one of these guys up. If it can't handle Alaska, I will wait until the ION 2 comes out and but the 330 version.

Thanks in advance!
Reg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 230...good enough for my purposes?0