• 4(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.04
@horscht:
How do you start hama_mce binary?
I don't use the udev.rules of the post.(they doesn't work on my system)
I just put (copy) hama_mce in /usr/sbin and this in rc.local

Code:
/usr/sbin/hama_mce &

the '&' character says: go in background and go on.
it should start faster now.

@ernie:
delete the udev hama_mce.rule in /etc/udev/rules.d
delete the /usr/sbin/hama_mce

that's all
ill give that a shot.

EDIT: I did a "make install", I don't know how hama_mce is started... it's not in my rc.local
It's started in the udev.rule,when is plugged the remote.That's why I need to put it in rc.local.I don't use the udev rule
Do only make (not make install).Then copy manually the binary in /usr/sbin
yes, that worked awesome. removed the udev rule and put it in rc.local

nice!
cheers friend!!Wink
Nice, thanks again for your help.

Is it possible to remap the buttons to my liking? I assume I can use the hama_mce.xml file and edit that, put it in ~/.xbmc/keymaps, but how do I find out what commands the event server sends to XBMC?
I'm not sure,I didn't try it yet.I've fixed the remote at 1:00 am lol
You can try to start hama_mce manually(with sudo) in console and press the remote keys,you should see some output.
again, you provided usefull input.

Unfirtunatelly, hama_mce seems to sebd "XBMC-Ready" commands like "XBMC.ActivateWindow(HOME)", which I obviously can't remap in XBMC itself... gonna find a decent way to get it to remap, though Smile

EDIT: looks like one has to modify the source code (hama_mce.cpp) to remap the buttons. line 102 onwards has the keymaps, obviously. Gonna fiddle with that, then recompile Big Grin
yes the trick is to modify the source,not very handy,but doable.Good work.The power of open sourceNod
I've uploaded an updated version. It contains a few bug fixes and allows you to remap all the keys via keymaps.xml
Thumbs Up 
I'm speechless!!!You did an awesome job!Thanks again for your work!This guy needs to see his work in official Xbmc code!CoolCoolNodNod
wow, great effort. I really appreciate it Smile
fyfe,

First preliminary tests indicates that your hama_mce event reader works far better than lirc with this particular remote. Thanks for a great work!

2 points do:

- I noticed some sluggishness responding to key presses _sometimes_ Most of the time it works quite well. Aldo a tad slow for me... Smile
- Is there any particular reason buttons play and pause are mapped to the same event (pause)? Or it's my bad and remote.xml, keymap.xml, whatever.xml is to blame?

Thanks!

hudo
hi peeps, i have been using this hama_mce tool, I had the problem of the power button repeating itself, so after resuming from suspend (power button) it would suspend again . so i patched the code, in one line. if anyone has this problem let me know ill post the fix.
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
Juanjo Wrote:hi peeps, i have been using this hama_mce tool, I had the problem of the power button repeating itself, so after resuming from suspend (power button) it would suspend again . so i patched the code, in one line. if anyone has this problem let me know ill post the fix.

I have the same problem. Please tell me what line to fix Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.042