[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.04

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
h.udo Offline
Fan
No, just Tvheadend I'm afraid.

Use yaVDR and ask the dev's help at vdrportal.de. They speak English and are very helpful.

h.udo
find quote
arshlan Offline
Hi,

I'm all new to xbmc and remote control and i'm facing a problem.
Sorry to use this thread but didn't want to make a whole new one just to ask a question.

I own a hama mce remote and using windows 7 x64 & xbmc 10.1 and wanted to know if there was a way to use the configuration hints given on the first post of this thread on windows os?

thanks!
find quote
xbmc-user Offline
@xoanon

xoanon Wrote:I changed the setup a little because I liked the keyboard emulation of the Hama MCE for my Launcher ( ubuntu netbook-launcher )

hama_mce.rules
Code:
#
#  start the hama_mce HID parser/keycode translator for XBMC
#
#  There is also a LIRC driver available for this, but some buttons are unusable then, since
#  they send mouse button events instead of key press events.
#
# SYMLINK and MODE is not needed. but set the right OWNER!
BUS=="usb", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{idVendor}=="05a4", SYSFS{idProduct}=="9881", SYMLINK+="hamamce" OWNER="xbmc", MODE="0666"

now I can start the hama_mce binary ( read link doc ) and the xbmc with a little script. And only then the other input devices from the hama mce are dropped (keyboard/mouse).

Need some clarification. If you are running binary directly, then why do you have to change the hama_mce.rules. I didn't get that part.

Do you mind sharing your script. Curious to know how are you killing hama_mce when you exit XBMC. Something special or simple kill!
find quote
krijeck Offline
hello!

anyone an Idea if this still works in KODI and how to get the HAMA remote control working in KODI?

I messed up my HAMA remote control completely so nothing works anymore .... (irw shows (via ssh) the correct output when button pressed)
running KODI (15.0 ALPHA 1, OK still having the unstable PPAs but this should not make any difference - did not work in the XBMC 14 ALPHA2 release) on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-43-generic x86_64)

since KODI my HAMA remote control was broken ... play/pause and stop did not work, left right and standard keys did work. then after following this guide (in that thread and similar guide in the wiki - http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Configure_V...for_Ubuntu) nothing more is working!! Frown

any specific changes in the user data folder I missed?
please any help!

EDIT:
some output I got from irw:
69 0 KEY_LEFT /dev/input/irremote0
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT /dev/input/irremote0
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT /dev/input/irremote0
67 0 KEY_UP /dev/input/irremote0
6c 0 KEY_DOWN /dev/input/irremote0
1c 0 KEY_ENTER /dev/input/irremote0
a4 0 KEY_PLAYPAUSE /dev/input/irremote1
a6 0 KEY_STOPCD /dev/input/irremote1
1c 0 KEY_ENTER /dev/input/irremote0

XBMC 13.2 Git:0f3db05 (Compiled Aug 17 2014)
Core i3 - 4GB - 60GB SSD - LG 32LH4000 - 9TB HDD - Hama MCE Remote
XBMC 14 ALPHA2 Git:dirty (compiled Aug 1 2014) - KODI
MacBook Pro Late 2011 - 2x500GB HDD - OSX 10.8.2 - because I love XBMC
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 23:32 by krijeck.)
find quote