HDTV Calibration/Setup DVD
What do you like to use?

(I can't post in off-topic..?)
thereddog Wrote:What do you like to use?

I use a spyder 3 calibration tool, I bought it for my monitor, as I do fashion photography as a side job, but I was able to get the spyder tv software so since the colorimeter is the same between the two, i can use it to calibrate my tv as well.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
but does xbmc use icc profiles?
or do you adjust the grafic-card itselt with your spyder 3?

i have an i-one, which gives me quite perfect icc-profiles (in windows).
i can use them in linux too, but with only a hand full of programms.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
donabi Wrote:but does xbmc use icc profiles?
or do you adjust the grafic-card itselt with your spyder 3?

i have an i-one, which gives me quite perfect icc-profiles (in windows).
i can use them in linux too, but with only a hand full of programms.

OOOH sorry missunderstood what you were asking...I thought you were talking about profiling your TV, not the PC. I don't profile my Ion's GPU, as I believe its tuned well enough. same goes for your computer, the GPU is usually just fine, it's your monitor that needs the tweaking, as most LCd monitors or CRT's are tuned for SRGB, so that they display colors as close as possible to every other display.

THe icc profile you generate from a profiling device is used to tune the gpu to the monitor. The Spyder 3 TV does the same, but for your tv, so you can change the settings on your TV to display best colors. profling my Sharp Auquos LCD made a night and day difference over factory...and the colors just about as good as on my fully calibrated desktop.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
thereddog Wrote:What do you like to use?

I use Video Essentials.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDTV Calibration/Setup DVD0