Central Library Question
Hi Guys

I have 4 Xboxs and a Linux PC all running XBMC. What I would like to be able to do is to to have the library catalogue stored on a central location on my NAS drive instead of having to update the library on all four machines every time I add something new to the NAS drive as the lookup service dosent always get it right and it takes time. Is this possible?
I may be misunderstanding, but shouldn't a .nfo take care of this for you, after the first lookup/scrape? Obviously, it would have to be stored on the NAS, but why wouldn't that be desired?
OpenELEC 2.95.5
Being new to this I dont have a clue Mark. As I understand it XBMC saves the library in an XML file. Can this file be stored on the NAS and have all the machines pull their info from that file?
1. The library is stored in a SQLite db file (not xml)
2. You can export it to xml from one machine and reimport to another via xml, more here
3. You can export it to individual xml and image files, which if stored along your media may ease library updates. See the link in 2.
4. Some people have hacked a central db using nfs (I think), search this forum for more info.
5. True centralized db is on the roadmap, no ETA though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This is likely out of scope, but I see that SQLite considers itself thread-safe (even if threads are evil). It also has row level locking, which I was unaware of.

Why isn't a centralized db a higher priority? This isn't belligerence, as I personally don't yet have any call for multiple boxen running XBMC or have any idea what percentage of XBMC users might, just curiosity.

EDIT: Also, this is a thread referencing NFS shared databases.
OpenELEC 2.95.5
Thanks for the response guys ill look forward to central support in the future!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Central Library Question0