How to organize my collection?
I have 4 external drive and I have my dvd's, tv shows, and blu rays spread across those drives. On each drive I have a three folders, TV, DVD, Blu Ray. So it goes something like this: Drive 1>dvd's1,tv shows1, blu ray's1; Drive 2>dvd's2, tv show's2, blu ray's2;.......I have been playing around with both Plex and xmbc. With Plex, when I first selected video there was nothing their, so I selected add source then selected dvd's1, tv show's1, blu ray's1, etc. for each drive. With xmbc, when I video I already see Drive1, Drive2, Drive3, etc. I don't think that I want to have the drive as my source because there is a mixture of content on those drives. So if I add source and select the folders dvd's1, tv show's1, etc. I can then scape the folders. But now I have a lot of sources show up when I select video and I can't delete those drive1, drive2, etc.

So my question is,
-when I am adding the source folder does it matter if I just add them one at a time and scrape each folder by itself, such as dvd's1, scrape; then add dvd's2, scrape; blu ray's 1, scrape, blu ray's2, scrape? Or do add all of the dvd's folders at one time and then scape all four of them at the same time?
-Is there any way to add blu ray and sd dvd as a genre? I have alot of movies on both dvd and blu ray, and I would like to be able to tell which it is I am selecting?

Thanks,
Steve
1. Order of adding and scraping is of no consequence.

2. XBMC will list both of them in the library, and will tell you which one is 720p/1080p and which is SD via the media flagging feature. You can then use smartplaylists to filter out a specific category. Not ideal, but it's a possibility.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

What is media flagging? I could not find it?

Thanks,
Steve
Steve.

If the drives are attached locally then they will automatically appear. All you need to do is add the various folders on them drives as sources, so in videos goto add source, then navigate to the first drive and TV shows, set the content as tv shows then add source goto the first drive add films, then set source to films.

Once drive on is done move to drive two then three.

XBMC will place all these contents into tv show, films, music etc as one bunch.
speters415 Wrote:What is media flagging? I could not find it?

Thanks,
Steve

Go into Video Settings -> File Lists and make sure you have selected 'Extract thumbnails and video information'

Also make sure you're on a new build of XBMC (latest SVN or 9,11 Beta) and you should see media flags for each movie telling you if it's 720p/1080p/SD DTS etc etc

Justin
another pretty good tool designed to organize dvds, blu-rays, tv shows etc
is Movienizer. it runs under windows. for mac there is a delicious library for these needs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to organize my collection?0