Fastest possible bootup for XBMC?
There's a discussion on it here.

If I'm reading arnova's response right, the delay is required for certain network services to work reliably - if it can't find the network, it now waits to make sure it's not there.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
I figured I'd try ewaterke's suggestion of a loopback, as I was curious to see if it worked... I had a spare RJ45 connector and some wires laying around, so it didn't cost me anything. Did the job just fine.

For those without a cable crimper, the easiest way to make one would be according to this guide - take a real network cable, chop off one end and twist the wires together.

Note that with a loopback plug, you'll also want to set the console to use a static IP, so it isn't trying to find a DHCP server that doesn't exist.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Thanks for that tip BombBloke, I did this also and didn't see any noticable difference in boot up time in my truck. So I finally remembered to check back here, and sure enough, I forgot to set the static IP....I'll test agian now. Big Grin
hmm, a month old thread... trying anyways Rofl

I just made a little video with my ASRock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCbpr9vUBgU turning it on and off with the IR remote. Takes about 5-6 seconds from i hit the power button on the remote, until the music starts. (and somehow the sound in the end of the video gets capped on youtube... Angry)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fastest possible bootup for XBMC?0