XBMCLive 9.11 and TVHeadEnd 2.7
Hi guys,

I got home from holidays last night and couldnt wait to install Camelot on my Zotac in the lounge room.

Install went perfect, SSH'd into the box and changed the remote stuff so that I could use my XBOX remore with my MCE dongle.

I like the new Confluence skin, PM3.HD has been great over the years and Confluence is a nice update.

Because the install went so smooth, I decided to setup a TVHeadend server.

I downloaded Ubuntu Karmic (9.10), and installed it to an old P4 2.6ghz with 1gig of ram. This box has a "Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 T" in it.

Install went fine, followed the instructions to add the lonelycoder repositry and then ran two lines to download and install TVHeadend.

Install was perfect, navigated to the website running on 9981 and then spent about 5 minutes configuring the channels and access to my local network.

Went to my new Camelot install, added a new source to my new Karmic box.

Worked first Go!

I now have LiveTV streaming to my Camelot install, I can even pause live tv too.

There are still a few usability issues, I dont really like the concept of stopping a channel, then selecting another channel and playing the stream. Channel UP and Channel DOWN would be much more useful.

Also I think it would be great to have XBMC consume a TV Guide, hopefully from a webserver. eg http://myserver.mydomain.local/xmltv.xml

I clicking on an EPG to play or record a show and channel up and channel down would be the icing on the cake for XBMC. I am really looking forward to the PVR stuff making it into the main trunk.

Thanks again for the great (and free) xmas gift of Camelot.
can anyone send me a working xmltv file that works with TVHeadend?

I cant seem to get 'Shepherd' working with TVHeadend (Australia)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 and TVHeadEnd 2.70