Flatten if only one unwatched season
Is this be a feature people would be interested in ?

Right now the flatten options (currently only through Advancedsettings.xml) are

Always / Never / If only one season

Code:
<flattentvshows>1</flattentvshows> <!-- Flatten TV show seasons, 0=never 1=if one season (default) 2=all -->

"If only one unwatched" seems to be a logical next selection, potentially the setting "3" above, to ensure backwards compatibility.

I suppose introducing this would mean we'd have to get the option back into the UI, preferably directly accessible in Library view (just like the "Hide watched" setting today). Otherwise access to previous seasons would be lost.

Thoughts ?
<-- DOES WANT.

I've always wondered why that wasn't automatic when 'only one season' was enabled, honestly.
I would say this should be part of "If only one season" and thus could be considered a bug.

What I mean is that when you have flatten if only one season activated in as, if you only have eps from one season unwatched and unwatched ticked it should be flattened.
Which is does not today.

I always meant to bother spiff with this, but just not sure he has time for this before Camelot.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I guess my concern about "losing access" to previous seasons is easily remedied by showing watches episodes again Smile

And, guess what: There was already an old ticket for this Big Grin
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5893

I've changed it from a feature reuest to a bug
In addition to this, It would be great if the watched behavior was a bit smarter too.

At the moment if there is only one unwatched show in a folder, and you watch that show you return to a blank screen. You then have to press back twice to get back to the main menu of tv shows.

I would love it if when you finish the show and there are no more unwatched episodes of that show it goes straight back to the main tv show menu.
That might be difficult as this is a skin thing, you can basically tell the skin where to return to, by default it returns to the previous opened window (it likely keeps a simple list of where one goes from the home screen) if you want XBMC to check if that back track is still valid based on the current view or even the return value of a series of queries that could be fired from the previous view (is there any unwatched episodes that could be accessed from the previous screen) then I would say that would be a feature request right there.
SandmanCL Wrote:Is this be a feature people would be interested in ?

I'd like that option yes, like it used to be earlier.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but right now, if you have only one season and a specials (season 0) folder, it flattens both into one list. That can't be the right behavior?
Yes it is the correct behaviour. You have only one season after all. It thus puts the specials in with that season.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flatten if only one unwatched season0