Resume Asrock ION 330HT
Update: thought that I would create the script from scratch to make sure there were no issues left over from creating in Wordpad. Deleted it and created from scratch in a putty session using nano.

It now goes into suspend fine and comes back out again Big Grin Trouble is it comes back at a terminal login prompt Sad At this point I can't open a putty session, FTP etc so it is a manual power down.

Ideas?
Right, I have worked it out Big Grin Needed "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" to be enabled in System/Network/Services.

Hmm, strange result is that it works perfectly the first time, suspend, resume and everything working Big Grin Next time I put it into suspend it will auto resume and spend a long time with a X on the screen. All works once xbmc is back up but everytime I try to suspend I get the same result. If I reboot then it is ok for the first suspend and then same problem again.

Sooo close Laugh
Oke sorted it out this morning the black screen I had after coming back from suspend was created by my receiver, I had to tell it to passthrought the HDMI signal in stead of trying to upscale it if it detected a signal lower than 1080i.

Thank you all for helping me out especially Andy and Mikef

PS: Andy will try in a couple of minutes if my suspend->resume-> suspend->resume works correctly. Edit 22:30 this works without a hitch tried it a couple of times without any problem.
Hmm, just mine with this problem then. Still doesn't seem to be running the script properly as I don't get the log file created. I will have to do some more trouble shooting later.

Edit: further testing and it does create the log file now. However stillthe same action of resuming immediately from the second suspend command. Just don't understand this now, what would cause it to auto restart from the second suspend?
gekados Wrote:Seems like the S3 state is not saved in the wakeup file, after a reboot it will always switch back to S4.
Anyone know how to fix that ?

the same here. I figured out that the right setting for my is USB2 and suspend and wakeup works until reboot. Then the setting are gone.
Did you find the solution for that issue?
regards
I have to manually press the Power button to wake the system up (ASRock ION330 non-HT, latest BIOS).

I can't change from S4 to S3 either. The settings are not getting saved in /proc/acpi/wakeup.

XBMC Live 9.11 Camelot (Kernel: 2.6.31-16-generic)

Code:
root@Elite:~# cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node
SMB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:03.2
USB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.0
USB2      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.1
NMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0a.0
PBB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
HDAC      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:08.0
XVR0      S4     disabled
XVR1      S4     disabled
P0P5      S4     disabled
P0P6      S4     disabled
P0P7      S4     disabled
P0P8      S4     disabled
P0P9      S4     disabled

Resume from standby worked great on the now wiped Win 7 install. Any workaround for this?
iMac, Pioneer Elite PRO 141FD, Denon 4311CI, Synology DS509+, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Logitech Harmony Home Control, nVIDIA Shield Android TV
I don't think there is any need to change the S-state. If you've got a remote with a usb receiver you need to enable USB0 or USB2.
generator Wrote:I don't think there is any need to change the S-state. If you've got a remote with a usb receiver you need to enable USB0 or USB2.

Same behavior even when enabled by re-directing 'echo' either manually or through rc.local.

I can put it in standby but can resume only after pressing the power button.

I'm gonna install 9.04.1 live to check.
iMac, Pioneer Elite PRO 141FD, Denon 4311CI, Synology DS509+, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Logitech Harmony Home Control, nVIDIA Shield Android TV
Did you guys try the new drivers here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66182
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
Kris404 Wrote:Same behavior even when enabled by re-directing 'echo' either manually or through rc.local.

I can put it in standby but can resume only after pressing the power button.

I'm gonna install 9.04.1 live to check.

Did it work better with 9.04.1?

I have the same problem as many of you, I can't wakeup using the remote.
I have enabled USB* in /proc/acpi/wakeup. It says S4 though, don't know how to change to S3, (nano-ing doesn't work).

I think the problem has to do with Ubuntu 9.10 (as it worked for me earlier with 9.04). What do you guys think about that theory?
cewan Wrote:Did it work better with 9.04.1?

I have the same problem as many of you, I can't wakeup using the remote.
I have enabled USB* in /proc/acpi/wakeup. It says S4 though, don't know how to change to S3, (nano-ing doesn't work).

I think the problem has to do with Ubuntu 9.10 (as it worked for me earlier with 9.04). What do you guys think about that theory?

Tried 9.04.1 Live, same problem - USB0 & USB2 show up as S4.

Though with 9.04.1, the system resumes all by itself right after standby Sad

This was not an issue with Win 7, tempted to go back with the recent DXVA2 support on Windows.

Kris
Kris404 Wrote:Tried 9.04.1 Live, same problem - USB0 & USB2 show up as S4.

Though with 9.04.1, the system resumes all by itself right after standby Sad

This was not an issue with Win 7, tempted to go back with the recent DXVA2 support on Windows.

Kris

Ok, so maybe that is another issue in 9.04. If that problem (of autoresuming) could be fixed, maybe resume would work?
Just upgraded to 9.11 on my ION 330. Got it working after a lot of reading...
What fixed the problem for me was to do the steps described earlier in the thread (the "cat /proc/acpi/wakeup"-enable and edit rc.local)
AND!
enter BIOS and change USB-setting to 1.1

Hope it works for you to...
I did a clean install of Ubuntu 10.04 recently. After that I installed ethtool to enable WOL. It worked, but now I've got the "instantly resume after sleep" problem again.

The worst thing is that I can't remember how I fixed this problem the last time. Does anyone have an idea?
Fixed my problem (immediately waking up after sleep), here is the solution:

Enter:
Code:
gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub

in the terminal and change:
Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

to:
Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend=-1"

Save and close, and then enter:
Code: