Resume Asrock ION 330HT
gabbott Wrote:I have a revo and thats the guide I used to get it to wake with remote from suspend, so yes.

Followed the guide and now it wakes on remote. the only thing I noticed is that it will only wake when I use the power button.

When I used a different activity button like watching TV, it will put the revo in suspend but when I go back to the xbmc activity button then it won't wake it up. it only wakes when I use the power button on the remote. is this normal?
generator Wrote:Here are two screenshots that show what steps I took:
http://www.endlesswave.nl/files/cat.gif (before and after saving the changes)
http://www.endlesswave.nl/files/nano.gif (changing S4 to S3, then saving)

I've only been using Ubuntu (and ssh) since last week, so maybe I'm missing something really big Nerd

I seem to be having the exact same issue here. Tried chmod +x and +w on the file as well. To no avail I'm afraid. Using a modded live CD by xbmcfreak.nl. Basically just a tweaked live CD for the Asrock 330HT.

Anyone?
a931048 Wrote:Have you tried this guide? http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device

It says right there

Troubleshooting auto-resume
If an enabled device resumes the computer from standby at an undesired time, you may choose to disable it by using the following command where **** is the device you wish to disable
echo **** > /proc/acpi/wakeup

EG. enabling USB2 as an enabled wakeup device causes the computer to resume immediately..
root@XBMCLive:~# echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

Seems like the S3 state is not saved in the wakeup file, after a reboot it will always switch back to S4.
Anyone know how to fix that ?
ynwa
Exclamation 
I will give it this a go as is to see what happens as is first if no show, I will tweak it as prescribed looks easy enough to understand what needs doing in any given system. If this works then since these are very nice tips here I will add this stuff to my Topic with proper mentions to you guys via linking to this post if that's ok with the solution finders. There's great stuff scattered around which resolves possible issues I really either find stuff in posts or resolved it myself via other means. Either way I think all the working tips should be merged in one new topic, it would be nice if it could be platform specific since a lot of this stuff is fairly similar in other systems too.

Maybe if we all worked together proper documentation should be easy to suggest to mods and they can do what's necessary.
taichimaster Wrote:Followed the guide and now it wakes on remote. the only thing I noticed is that it will only wake when I use the power button.

When I used a different activity button like watching TV, it will put the revo in suspend but when I go back to the xbmc activity button then it won't wake it up. it only wakes when I use the power button on the remote. is this normal?

The only thing that springs to mind here is a proper configuration of your controller. you can also add watever.xml to the keymap folder and assign any aprticular key to a function if that key is not used.

its on the wiki look at obc on keymap stuffs
I'm having a problem, I can't get the wakeup file to save the settings as enabled for the CIR device. I am logged in as root and if I run "echo CIR > /proc/acpi/wakeup" this changes the file for the CIR device to enabled. I have also added this echo line to the rc.local file but this doesn't seem to be running at startup. I have added the echo to log file line and this log file does not appear and when I recheck the /proc/acpi/wakeup file the CIR device is no longer enabled.

So I am a bit stuck now. How do I get the rc.local file to execute and therefore run the echo > /proc/acpi/wakeup command?

I am a linux noob but I have worked out most things so far but this one has been stumped and stuck.

Oh and now the remote has stopped turning the ASRock on from power off Sad I am so close this is frustrating Shocked
andyjayh Wrote:Oh and now the remote has stopped turning the ASRock on from power off Sad I am so close this is frustrating Shocked

Here too.
I installed the new drivers for the IR receiver and right after that the power on through the remote stopped working. Don't know why... the bios setting is check, after it is on, everything is working fine. :/
Really want it to power on again when i hit power on the remote.
its the bios itself it needs a kick up the arse or a few bugs fixed... Report it to Asrock.
I've send an email to Nuvoton yesterday, and have just received a reply:

Here is the suggestion from our software team:

about the wakeup issue, according our linux expert's experience, maybe this is caused by VGA driver.
the reasons were listed below :

1. remove our CIR driver (clean Ubuntu 9.10 system, or even remove all CIR drivers) first,
and use mouse to oeprate system menu to let system go to sleep, and then wake up system by pressing power button,
the VGA shows nothing, but you can press the capslock key on keyboard, you can see it works normally.

2. if you access the desktop by VNC viewer thru network at the same time, you will see the desktop recovered on VNC client
after wakeup, however, local VGA show nothing.

Best,
KH Lee (李光軒Wink
Nuvoton Technology Corporation
Tel: 886-3-5770066 Ext. 7069
andyjayh Wrote:I'm having a problem, I can't get the wakeup file to save the settings as enabled for the CIR device. I am logged in as root and if I run "echo CIR > /proc/acpi/wakeup" this changes the file for the CIR device to enabled. I have also added this echo line to the rc.local file but this doesn't seem to be running at startup. I have added the echo to log file line and this log file does not appear and when I recheck the /proc/acpi/wakeup file the CIR device is no longer enabled.

So I am a bit stuck now. How do I get the rc.local file to execute and therefore run the echo > /proc/acpi/wakeup command?

I am a linux newb but I have worked out most things so far but this one has been stumped and stuck.

Oh and now the remote has stopped turning the ASRock on from power off Sad I am so close this is frustrating Shocked
I'm probably gonna run into similar problems but I havent had time to configure all the wake-up stuff yet. Currently I'm just reading up on all the scattered information about the internal IR receiver from the ION-330HT, universal remotes and the wake-up issue. Would it be an idea to use a phyton script that executes the command at startup, something similar like this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_li...ume_script
@Glitch HT CIR Drivers look on my topic (see my signature) link for forums 3 post and look for the alien posts as well I have posted the drivers yesterdaqy morning, I hope that helps... The rest of the scttered info is now almost irrelevant I have also posted on most relevant topic on matter the drivers and how to should be pretty easy.

Fr proper wake on device

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device

prolly related interesting info I also read on

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_li...ume_script

works here must select on xbmc settings what action shutdown does select shutdown or suspend.
Shutdown is selected by default so if your looking to suspend or resume from you must select suspend here otherwise your remote is shutting device down not suspending it.
X3lectric Wrote:@Glitch HT CIR Drivers look on my topic (see my signature) link for forums 3 post and look for the alien posts as well I have posted the drivers yesterdaqy morning, I hope that helps... The rest of the scttered info is now almost irrelevant I have also posted on most relevant topic on matter the drivers and how to should be pretty easy.
Yeah I already installed the driver yesterday without a sweat, it speaks for itself and my Harmony One is now working within XBMC through the internal IR receiver. Next step is adding customized buttons to my Harmony One (keymapping) and getting the wake-up stuff to work properly. Especially the wake-up seems to be causing a lot of problems with other users here.
Posted the information how to properly wake on device, do it though a trust some others wont bother reading, that's why I wack all that info on my signature topic on forums.

Don't think that's should be much of a problem for you if you have it working you could help to add your step by step on my topic that way you could help me help

a) Keep info in one place for future reference and if someone wacks it on wiki even better.

b) By providing your step by step will help me avoid some typing... And its a win win for everyone.
Hi,

I have managed to get the remote working after great help from this forum.

My asrock remote with inbuilt cir works perfectly with xbmc. When i press power button on remote pc will shut down and if i hit the same button pc will wake up and boot to the ubuntu. So all good until i changed the power button to "suspend" in xbmc.

So now it will suspend the pc and the led will show that pc is sleeping. I can press any button on remote or keyboard or mouse and it will not wake up! I have to press power button on pc to wake it up. When it wakes up the remote doesn't work at all. I tried "irw" command and there is no response. I have to type dpkg-reconfigure lirc and set it again after this remote works.

With the wake up on suspend (note wake up from shut-down state works fine) i followed the http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device guide.

I used
Code:
echo CIR> /proc/acpi/wakeup
this will change status to Enabled for CIR with s-state S4.

This didn't help at all. Somewhere I read that i had to change s-state to s3 so i used
Code:
nano /proc/acpi/wakeup
and changed S4 to S3 for CIR. The problem here is that I cant save it. It will actually say that its saved but its not.

Anybody else got the same problem?

btw im using ubuntu 9.10 and latest xbmc 9.11 r1. I tried xbmc live 9.11 beta2 with same problems.
mikef Wrote:Hi,

I have managed to get the remote working after great help from this forum.

My asrock remote with inbuilt cir works perfectly with xbmc. When i press power button on remote pc will shut down and if i hit the same button pc will wake up and boot to the ubuntu. So all good until i changed the power button to "suspend" in xbmc.

So now it will suspend the pc and the led will show that pc is sleeping. I can press any button on remote or keyboard or mouse and it will not wake up! I have to press power button on pc to wake it up. When it wakes up the remote doesn't work at all. I tried "irw" command and there is no response. I have to type dpkg-reconfigure lirc and set it again after this remote works.

With the wake up on suspend (note wake up from shut-down state works fine) i followed the http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device guide.

I used
Code:
echo CIR> /proc/acpi/wakeup
this will change status to Enabled for CIR with s-state S4.

This didn't help at all. Somewhere I read that i had to change s-state to s3 so i used
Code:
nano /proc/acpi/wakeup
and changed S4 to S3 for CIR. The problem here is that I cant save it. It will actually say that its saved but its not.

Anybody else got the same problem?

btw im using ubuntu 9.10 and latest xbmc 9.11 r1. I tried xbmc live 9.11 beta2 with same problems.
Exact same issue with the suspend mode of XBMC. No response on remote power button and after pressing the power button on the box the remote is not responding. Can't set the state from S4 to S3 in /proc/acpi/wakeup.

I also never got the inbuilt IR receiver to wake up the system after complete shutdown though (and yes, it's enabled in the BIOS).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume Asrock ION 330HT1