Resume Asrock ION 330HT
The Bios stuff is works like a keyboard key emulator, the bios is bugged this is why it wont always work, again we must in mass complain to Asrock so they fix the issue and others issues are certain options when selected like Hpet it will cause system instability, they warn you about the memory boost but the other options just don't work completely as prescribed, not that they kept their end of the bargain with the CIR drivers.

That said yes once in a while the remote wont wake up the device 4 out of 10 times it works.

The resume from suspend is pretty straight forward since there is only one cir device.

I have done pretty much what is said here but I also created a Lirc startup script see my signature for the forums posts its on 3 post down the bottom how to do this. the Lirc satrtup script is kinda making sure it is all being executed and you have more control over the machine IMO
- When I first installed Ubuntu 9.10 I could power on the 330HT from the remote control always without a problem. ( By power on I mean, plug in device, press "power on" on the remote. I'm not sure if this is the same as meant by "wakeup"?)
- Then I installed the drivers as posted from Nuvoton.
- Now this power on procedure doesn't work anymore.

Just for my own understanding:
- Is this a BIOS problem?
- Can this be caused by the VGA drivers as described by generator in his post?
- Could it be fixed by a new driver from Nuvoton?
- Could it be fixed by some startup script?
the wake on device stuff is suspend mode only, the bios wakes system from shutdown by emulating keyboard key press. It is my findings that bios is buggy when system is totally shudown none of these patches, tweaks or whaever are being read or executed.

I believe I already posted enough information to resolve most of the Asrock HT issues so your questions are I believe answered to the best of my ability.
X3lectric Wrote:The resume from suspend is pretty straight forward since there is only one cir device.

I have done pretty much what is said here but I also created a Lirc startup script see my signature for the forums posts its on 3 post down the bottom how to do this. the Lirc satrtup script is kinda making sure it is all being executed and you have more control over the machine IMO

So if I'm understanding correctly you've got the resume from suspend (with the remote) working? When I use "echo CIR > /proc/acpi/wakeup" the value changes to ON, but I can't wake the computer with the remote. Do you know if there are extra steps I have to take? (And does your S-state say S4?)
X3lectric Wrote:the wake on device stuff is suspend mode only, the bios wakes system from shutdown by emulating keyboard key press. It is my findings that bios is buggy when system is totally shudown none of these patches, tweaks or whaever are being read or executed.

So how is it possible that installing the driver from Nuvoton will effect the power on behavour. Is there a way Linux/Ubuntu can do that?
X3lectric Wrote:the wake on device stuff is suspend mode only, the bios wakes system from shutdown by emulating keyboard key press. It is my findings that bios is buggy when system is totally shudown none of these patches, tweaks or whaever are being read or executed.

I believe I already posted enough information to resolve most of the Asrock HT issues so your questions are I believe answered to the best of my ability.

So you have successfully waken up the system from suspend with asrock remote and inbuilt cir?

If so how? I read your 3rd post from your signature forum post and I can't find any info how to enable wakeup for inbuld cir from suspend.

The theory there is to enable CIR in /proc/apci/wakeup. This doesn't not work for me and few others who posted here.
generator Wrote:So if I'm understanding correctly you've got the resume from suspend (with the remote) working? When I use "echo CIR > /proc/acpi/wakeup" the value changes to ON, but I can't wake the computer with the remote. Do you know if there are extra steps I have to take? (And does your S-state say S4?)

Same here, regardeless of the fact that I can't save the changes to the wakeup file, when I use "echo CIR > /proc/acpi/wakeup" and change the value to enabled it does not resume from standby.

I will have a go at the script posted by X3lectric for ensuring this change is made to the wakeup file but I don't hold out any hope of it improving.

As far as how many times it works campared to not working, mine is 0 out of 10, it does not turn on the ASRock from power off since I loaded the new drivers.

Going to rebuild over the xmas break as I have a new SSD card to play with Big Grin So this will give me the chance to check if it is when the new driver is loaded that it stops powering on.
I just wanted to put this information out. The examples I listed in the article http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device are simply examples. Not what you should type in, nor what you should see.

Your system's ability to resume itself will be dependent on what device is plugged into what usb port. This is why I created the guide.

It sounds to me like you guys who are not able to get the remotes working are probly just using usb0 and usb2 like in the guide. You have to test the resume functions and verify that the proper data is set.

If the echo commands which enabled your computer to resume while enabling wake on device worked during testing, they will work in the rc.local.

If you copy and paste MY example rc.local into your rc.local, then you have to figure out which usb port to plug your remote into in order to allow it to resume.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
The inbuilt CIR is not on USB its on top of list like so and the wakeup depends on what your shutdown under xbmc power managment is set it to suspend. By default its set to shutdown you have 3 choices, hibernate, suspend, shutdown.

So if your waking up from suspend you have to have xbmc enter suspend mode by selecting right option. power > suspend --- power > resume.

Code:
cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Code:
[b]
Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node
CIR       S4     enabled   pnp:00:04
SMB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:03.2
USB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.0
USB2      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.1
NMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0a.0
PBB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
HDAC      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:08.0
XVR0      S4     disabled
XVR1      S4     disabled
P0P5      S4     disabled
P0P6      S4     disabled
P0P7      S4     disabled
P0P8      S4     disabled
P0P9      S4     disabled[/b]
Its up to individuals to use S3 or S4 dependant on your set ups and machines when you grep your lirc
Code:
[b]lsmod | grep  lirc[/b]
you should have wb677 coming up everywhere these are now loading up as modules... All being well. If not ensure you've setup your drivers correctly.

You guys know how to change from S4 to S3 its been posted here already should your CIR not respond to S4. BTW dont have the device enabled while changing S4 to S3 since its being used changes wont be saved to file.

the set up must be set as in the wiki but using the CIR device the save it rc.local so it loads at startup.

The lirc startup script should exist only if your having issues with lirc not working properly on resume. with a bit of luck you wont need it but in case you do you can certainly make use of it. Hence I its been posted on my topic. this post shall be linked to from there as soon as.

This is not all on my post on my topic there's a 10k characters restriction per post and I don't have time to update all the info at a moments notice otherwise I would.

It should work though many ppl complain that the wakeup from shutdown ceases to work, this is due to bios bugs and we should moan to Asrock about it.

Hope this helps you guys get set.
Thanks a lot for your reply! But unfortunately it doesn't bring a solution for me.

My settings are exactly the same as what you posted (CIR enabled), and I have the XBMC shutdown settings set to suspend. I also have wb677 coming up.

But it just doesn't work...

That's why I thought the only solution was to change S4 to S3. I started this thread, and have been following every post. But I haven't found a way to change this. (nano-ing the file doesn't work).

I've been searching the internet for weeks... I really miss this feature.
just found this info it might help, i can't get to my asrock atm so if someone can try it this might fixed the prolem regarding not being able to change S4 to S3

so try
sudo cat state

then
sudo echo -n "S3" > /sys/power/stat

OR

try
sudo cat sleep

then
sudo echo S3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

hope this helps ?
"cat /sys/power/state" shows: standby mem disk
"cat /proc/acpi/sleep" shows: S0 S1 S3 S4 S5

echo -n "standby" > state puts the pc in standby (which I can only get it out of when holding the power button on the Asrock)
echo -n "mem" > state puts the pc in standby, but the remote still won't work

P.S: Is there a chance that changing the S-State wil fix our problem? I thought that it might, but I haven't been working with Ubuntu that long.
X3lectric, your running Jaunty right? I'm running Karmic. Maybe this works different in Karmic?
X3lectric Wrote:You guys know how to change from S4 to S3 its been posted here already should your CIR not respond to S4.

Hope this helps you guys get set.

X3lectric, I can't find this info. Could you please point me where it was posted?

thank you.

PS: maybe i cant find it cos this is the first time I am actually using linux.
Latest lirc driver working with "power on" from cold and "shutdown" within xbmc. If I set shutdown to suspend within power saving settings under System in xbmc, the remote also works for "shutdown/power on" with no addtional changes to any files (clean install of RC1 so no changes made) but remote stops working when xbmc resumed.

Soooooo close Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume Asrock ION 330HT1