• 2(current)
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide
Nice work! Big Grin Been looking for something like this for ages.. Keep up the good work! Smile
One small thing. All my season folders are made with a zero first.. EX: Season 01 02 03 04 etc. But Sick Beard does not use it. Any way to change that? Or maybe i should just rename my folders instead Wink
Ok, almost got it...

I have all my tv shows added and SickBeard is adding them to sabnzb when released Smile. Unfortunatly the post processing script wont work. Sabnzb just says Exit(01) Cannot run script. Even with debug logging turned on i cant find any info. I can run sabToSickBeard.py "path to tv show folder" from terminal and it works perfectly so i guess the problem is sabnzb. Ive search the sab forums, no luck. Any wizdom is greatly appreciated.

Also SickBeard doesn't like non ascii characters in episode names.

cheers
perri: I can't think of an elegant way to support both formats so I'd say rename yours for now.

harryzimm:

Define "doesn't like non ascii"... it should support them just fine (or at least there's no reason that it can't).

As for post processing, I'm assuming you're on linux? If so make sure the path to python at the top of the sabToSickBeard.py is the same as on your system ("whereis python") and that it's got execute permissions for all, not just owner (chmod xx7). If you're on Windows you need to use the EXE (or make a batch file wrapper).
Sorry

I had an episode called top.gear.s05e05.Jaguar S-Type Diesel Lapping The Nürburgring. When adding top gear to SickBeard it gave me an error "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range" or something close to that anyway Smile when i renamed Nürburgring to Nurburgring, it added all the episodes correctly.

As for the post processing, yeah unraid is based on slackware. #!/usr/bin/python is correct and did chmod +x. still no go.

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:Sorry

I had an episode called top.gear.s05e05.Jaguar S-Type Diesel Lapping The Nürburgring. When adding top gear to SickBeard it gave me an error "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range" or something close to that anyway Smile when i renamed Nürburgring to Nurburgring, it added all the episodes correctly.

As for the post processing, yeah unraid is based on slackware. #!/usr/bin/python is correct and did chmod +x. still no go.

cheers

Well if you can execute it manually from the console it must be something with SAB - maybe post the log on their forums.

As for that episode I will look into that - if you can reproduce it and paste the exact error message I can probably fix it. If you ever get a crash at all please save the error and let me know so I can fix it.

EDIT: I just tried naming an episode with that character in it and it added and refreshed/updated fine, so please reproduce this error if you can so I can fix it.
Ok I've got everything set up, but I haven't been able to get SABnzb to download a file from Sick Beard. Is there any way to test that everything is working correctly?
Hi

ok, i deleted the show top gear form sickbeard, renamed the episode back to "top.gear.s05e05.Jaguar S-Type Diesel Lapping The Nürburgring" then added top gear to sick beard.
The console output:
Quote:[07:35:11 AM] <SHOWADDQUEUE::MESSAGE> Starting new add task for dir /mnt/user/TV _Shows/airing/top gear
[07:35:11 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> Starting to add show /mnt/user/TV_Shows/airing/ top gear
[07:35:11 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> 74608: Loading show info from theTVDB
[07:35:11 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> 74608: Loading all episodes from the show direc tory /mnt/user/TV_Shows/airing/top gear
[07:35:11 AM] <CP Server Thread-4::MESSAGE> 74608: Displaying all episodes from the database
[07:35:26 AM] <ADDSHOW::ERROR> Error searching dir for episodes: 'ascii' codec can' t decode byte 0xc3 in position 111: ordinal not in range(128)
[07:35:26 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> 74608: Loading all episodes from theTVDB...

After this sickbeard reports i only have 45/114 episodes downloaded when i have all of them. Repeating this process with the episode changed to "top.gear.s05e05.Jaguar S-Type Diesel Lapping The Nurburgring" gives no error.

Quote:[07:49:51 AM] <SHOWADDQUEUE::MESSAGE> Starting new add task for dir /mnt/user/TV_Shows/airing/top gear
[07:49:51 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> Starting to add show /mnt/user/TV_Shows/airing/top gear
[07:49:51 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> 74608: Loading show info from theTVDB
[07:49:51 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> 74608: Loading all episodes from the show directory /mnt/user/TV_Shows/airing/top gear
[07:49:55 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> Resulting XML episodedetails node: <DOM Element: episodedetails at 0x8a9bdec>
[07:49:55 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> Writing nfo to /mnt/user/TV_Shows/airing/top gear/top gear s05e05 jaguar stype diesel lapping the Nurburgring.nfo
[07:49:55 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> Writing thumb to /mnt/user/TV_Shows/airing/top gear/top gear s05e05 jaguar stype diesel lapping the Nurburgring.tbn
[07:50:37 AM] <ADDSHOW::MESSAGE> 74608: Loading all episodes from theTVDB...

I finally got the post processing to work by doing
Quote:fromdos <sabToSickBeard.py >tempfile
mv tempfile sabToSickBeard.py

Unraid has problems with dos end-of-lines.

Really excellent work btw. Im loving the automation.

cheers.
harryzimm: Please post your log file which will have the full python traceback. You can post it to google code or here if it is short enough.

And that's interesting about the line endings, I should probably convert those files and re-commit them. I wonder why it works when you run it manually though, very odd.

generator: just pick a recent episode that you know is available and click "search" beside it, then check your sickbeard and/or sab log. Unless you're using black hole/watched folder, in which case just watch to make sure it ends up there.
I posted the log at the google code page.

About manually running sabToSickBeard.py. It only worked when i did

python sabToSickBeard.py "path to tv show"

I got the error also when i did

./sabToSickBeard.py "path to tv show"

Hope it helps

cheers.
This isn't really error message related, but it's not finding nzb's on nzbs.org. My problem is with The Daily Show, if I manually look @ the website, I see the episodes, some maybe some work needs to be done with the search string or something...
The Daily Show is posted with the air date rather than season and episode (The.Daily.Show.2009.12.09... for example) so Sick Beard will not work with it. I have it listed on the google code page as a feature that I will add in the future, but not until I get a stable beta out first.
Alright, how about this one....

When sick beard is passing the shows to sabnzbd+, it's default category is supposed to be 'TV' right?

Well my shows are showing in the queue as "none" category.
Are you using black hole or direct to SAB? If you're using direct to SAB then post it on the google issues page with the log file where it gets sent and maybe your SAB log file also.
stgarf Wrote:Alright, how about this one....

When sick beard is passing the shows to sabnzbd+, it's default category is supposed to be 'TV' right?

Well my shows are showing in the queue as "none" category.

Have you checked your sick beard config?

Goto 'Config' - 'Episode Search'

The 3rd section is SABnzbd settings, ensure your category says 'tv' (without the quotes) then click save.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide16